Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Hatch Rattle on Convertible

M

marct

Anyone know a the best way to adjust the latch on the hatch for the convertible top behind the seats on an 93 Covertible?

The driver's side latch has a little play in it and rattles going down the road. I can't see any obvious adjustments and don't want to start digging into it until I know more.
Marc
;help

I'll answer my own question.

Three allen bolts secure the latch mechanisim. Loosen slightly and move up and down as needed. Easier than it looked at first glance.:bash

Loose Hatch on Convertable

Three allen bolts secure the latch mechanisim. Loosen slightly and move up and down as needed. Easier than it looked at first glance.:bash
Hey Topless, All I did was turn the spring mechanisim (located on the hatch) down a notch or two that makes contact with the latch mechanisim. There are one on each side and you can adjust with your fingers. I loosen them until the hatch would not lock and then back them up until the lock catches hold and then turn them another half turn so the hatch operates smoothley. I don't know how you got any adjustment out of the allen bolts, they are the one that holds the latch in place???.;shrug;):beer

I don't know how you got any adjustment out of the allen bolts, they are the one that holds the latch in place???.;shrug;):beer
Yes the three bolts hold the latching mechanisim in place. Once you losten those the latch mechanisim will slide up and down. I had found the adjusting screws that you mentioned, the problem was that the hatch on the driver's side was sticking up slightly. I wanted to get the hatch down on that side. Can't create any excess drag with parts sticking out after all! After moving the latch down slightly I adjusted the spring mechanisim to make things tight. :upthumbs

TR:lou

Yes the three bolts hold the latching mechanisim in place. Once you losten those the latch mechanisim will slide up and down. I had found the adjusting screws that you mentioned, the problem was that the hatch on the driver's side was sticking up slightly. I wanted to get the hatch down on that side. Can't create any excess drag with parts sticking out after all! After moving the latch down slightly I adjusted the spring mechanisim to make things tight. :upthumbs

TR:lou
Touche' O Topless Wonder, I just commited a Stupid Male Syndrome trick:bash I should have checked it out , but just looking I thought they would have no adjustment.....tsk.tsk.tsk.:grinshot

:reddevilSN

Touche' O Topless Wonder, I just commited a Stupid Male Syndrome trick:bash I should have checked it out , but just looking I thought they would have no adjustment.....tsk.tsk.tsk.:grinshot

:reddevilSN

That was my worry as well, After having a nasty experience with the rear doors on my Tahoe (Hinges welded or bonded to the door, No adjustments or replacement possible) I was afraid the Vette might be the same, thankfully not!:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom