Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Hatch Rattle on Convertible

M

marct

Anyone know a the best way to adjust the latch on the hatch for the convertible top behind the seats on an 93 Covertible?

The driver's side latch has a little play in it and rattles going down the road. I can't see any obvious adjustments and don't want to start digging into it until I know more.
Marc
;help

T

Topless_Ruby

I'll answer my own question.

Three allen bolts secure the latch mechanisim. Loosen slightly and move up and down as needed. Easier than it looked at first glance.:bash

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
Loose Hatch on Convertable

Three allen bolts secure the latch mechanisim. Loosen slightly and move up and down as needed. Easier than it looked at first glance.:bash
Hey Topless, All I did was turn the spring mechanisim (located on the hatch) down a notch or two that makes contact with the latch mechanisim. There are one on each side and you can adjust with your fingers. I loosen them until the hatch would not lock and then back them up until the lock catches hold and then turn them another half turn so the hatch operates smoothley. I don't know how you got any adjustment out of the allen bolts, they are the one that holds the latch in place???.;shrug;):beer

T

Topless_Ruby

I don't know how you got any adjustment out of the allen bolts, they are the one that holds the latch in place???.;shrug;):beer
Yes the three bolts hold the latching mechanisim in place. Once you losten those the latch mechanisim will slide up and down. I had found the adjusting screws that you mentioned, the problem was that the hatch on the driver's side was sticking up slightly. I wanted to get the hatch down on that side. Can't create any excess drag with parts sticking out after all! After moving the latch down slightly I adjusted the spring mechanisim to make things tight. :upthumbs

TR:lou

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
Yes the three bolts hold the latching mechanisim in place. Once you losten those the latch mechanisim will slide up and down. I had found the adjusting screws that you mentioned, the problem was that the hatch on the driver's side was sticking up slightly. I wanted to get the hatch down on that side. Can't create any excess drag with parts sticking out after all! After moving the latch down slightly I adjusted the spring mechanisim to make things tight. :upthumbs

TR:lou
Touche' O Topless Wonder, I just commited a Stupid Male Syndrome trick:bash I should have checked it out , but just looking I thought they would have no adjustment.....tsk.tsk.tsk.:grinshot

:reddevilSN

T

Topless_Ruby

Touche' O Topless Wonder, I just commited a Stupid Male Syndrome trick:bash I should have checked it out , but just looking I thought they would have no adjustment.....tsk.tsk.tsk.:grinshot

:reddevilSN

That was my worry as well, After having a nasty experience with the rear doors on my Tahoe (Hinges welded or bonded to the door, No adjustments or replacement possible) I was afraid the Vette might be the same, thankfully not!:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom