Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

charge fault

gcmlear

Corvette
2004 WHITE CONVERT
Hi folks,
On about the last 10 engine starts, 4 times I have got a momentary "charge system fault" indication on the dic then it promptly goes away. Everything else appears normal. It is a 04 convert.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi folks,
On about the last 10 engine starts, 4 times I have got a momentary "charge system fault" indication on the dic then it promptly goes away. Everything else appears normal. It is a 04 convert.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had repeatedly "charge system fault" DIC messages on my 1999 C5 coupe when starting. The dealer technician was stumped and called Chevrolet Technical Assistance. The charging system and the battery tested okay.

They immediately knew what the problem was - loose ground connections below the battery and on the starter. The technician checked the studs and found the nuts loose, with slight corrosion. He cleaned the locations and tightened the nuts, which eliminated the messages.

I purchased the car new and it had never been driven in the rain and/or snow. The technician believed the nuts were not tightened properly from the factory as Technical Assistance immediately knew what the problem was. My 1999 C5 was built in 8/98 following the GM Corvette plant strike / shutdown.

I hope this helps. Good luck. Is the car still under the new-car warranty?

I got the same "charge system fault" last year and they replaced the alternator. The message went away until just a few weeks ago.

I'll check the grounds since warranty has now expired.

Thanks for the help.

Chuck M

Check the codes first. The first thread on this Tech. Forum explains how to due it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom