Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When to trade up for Z06?

V

Vetteman77

Do the corvettes hold trade value? If so, when is a good time to trade in for new one. I have owned a 2007 c6 for 1 month and 10 days and all I can think about is the Z06... What a machine. What is the average length of time to keep a vette before you trade it in? Or should I just pay this one off and buy another one? That's what most people seem to do. I am not rich, so a Z06 is a little out of range but I figure if I drive this one for a while, I could trade it in....

Vetteman77,

Congratulations on your new 2007!! It's a great car, and I know you'll enjoy it.

As far as trading it in for a new ZO6, after only one month, you will take a hit. After all, trade-in value is not the same as retail value. In addition, you will take the sales tax hit again, and that can be significant. Keep the car for a while and look into trading before 10k miles, whenever that may be. You should get good money!

In the meantime, just sit back and enjoy the beauty that you have!

Elaine

I looked into this a couple of times...I like you have that 'Z' feeling..:eek:hnoes

Trading my'07 coupe with a $59,650 msrp....900 miles....to a well known forum 'sponsor' dealer ...he offered me ....$43,000 on a used '07 'Z' with 1500 miles...he wanted $70,000 for the 'Z'....I was absolutely :mad

Some $16,000 value loss in 6 months....go figure! We can thank GM for this..:bash

I am doing mods to my'07 as a result...figure it will be worth this trade figure for another year or two...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies Elaine and Stinger. I love my car and I guess the advantage of owning a C6 instead of a Z06 is that it is affordable to drive without the worry of putting miles on it. I guess the smartest thing to do would be to drive this thing till my warranty runs out then modify it. I have been looking at mods since day one. Kind of rediculous to looking for mods after one day but you get addicted to that power quickly. Sometimes I drive like 65 mph and just enjoy life and other days I cannot keep my foot off the gas. I have not driven over 100 mph yet but I know it's easy to do. I cannot believe he still wanted $70k for that car. They are nice and all, but they are over priced by far. You can sink $5000.00 in a C6 and get over 500HP. Well, I guess I will wait and pay this one off and just buy another one. I will be praying for job security in the mean time. lol
Thanks again guys and have a nice day!

Jeremy:cool

Beautiful car. I struggled between that color and my silver one. Good picture too!!

You can do several inexpense mods that will add lots of power and looks WITHOUT disturbing the warranty...for example, I am doing...

- AR Hearders with Rt.66 mufflers/4"round tips...very cool! :cool

- Z06 rear wide body and Z06 wheels and tires...for that aggressive look...:eek:hnoes

- CAI to support the exhaust upgrade...:drool:

- Powder coat the calipers to match exterior...:_rock

- Dark tinted windows so chicks look at the car....not me! :naughty:

- Engine cosmetic upgrades..get that Harley 'Chrome' feeling...:dance

Then if anybody doesn't like it and gives me attitude....:finger

"- Dark tinted windows so chicks look at the car....not me! :naughty:"

LMAO

That is so true! Good info on the mods bud. I am going to look into them. Won't the headers void the warranty? What is CAI? I am rookie when it comes to car parts... What exhaust puts out a low rummble when reved rather than a loud one like a dragster sounds? I am not big on the loud exhaust just an agressive low sound. Thanks:cool

"- Dark tinted windows so chicks look at the car....not me! :naughty:"

LMAO

That is so true! Good info on the mods bud. I am going to look into them. Won't the headers void the warranty? What is CAI? I am rookie when it comes to car parts... What exhaust puts out a low rummble when reved rather than a loud one like a dragster sounds? I am not big on the loud exhaust just an agressive low sound. Thanks:cool

Headers will not void the warranty...in fact many of the GM dealers will even do the install for you...

CAI...'Cold Air Intake'...this is a replacement for the 'stuffy' factory air cleaner and box...check out K&N, Stinger, Halteck, Callaway and other brands are available.

As far as exhaust sound, I have tried many of the aftermarket exhausts...most are very good, but I learned that the appearance of the tips out the back was more important to me than the sound...drone becomes a big issue...the 'hum' sound of the exhaust pitched just right to cause a hearing disturbance inside the car...to some this is very bothersome, to others...they live with it ...it really becomes a personal issue...I finally went with the B&B Rt. 66 mufflers because the mufflers are hidden and the tips, in my opinion are the best looking ones out there...large, straight and the sound is muscular yet minimal drone and not a real problem inside the car...hope this info helps...here is a pic of mine..

Corsa...exposed mufflers look terrible in my opinion...:crazy

DCP_0002-4.jpg

B&B RT. 66...hidden mufflers and larger 4" polished tips...:D

DCP_0017.jpg

Damn that is a beautiful car!!! I like the exhaust:_rock

Yah, I looked at alot of CAI. What do you think of the "black wing?" I think that's what it's called. Let me know if when you have made the mods, I would love to see pics...Do a lot of Chevrolet service depts. install after market stuff? I do not know of any local shops that specialize in vettes round here? About how many HP increase in your opinion will those mods give you? Thanks :cool

Damn that is a beautiful car!!! I like the exhaust:_rock

Yah, I looked at alot of CAI. What do you think of the "black wing?" I think that's what it's called. Let me know if when you have made the mods, I would love to see pics...Do a lot of Chevrolet service depts. install after market stuff? I do not know of any local shops that specialize in vettes round here? About how many HP increase in your opinion will those mods give you? Thanks :cool

Try to locate a Corvette club in your area. The members will be able to lead you to people or businesses that specialize in Corvettes.

Elaine

I would have to ask whether you really need that much more car. The stock C6 is a great and very powerful car already.

We had a local VetteFest here in Boise this last weekend. There were 5-6 C6 Z06's there, and not one was owned by a guy who knew how to drive. We had autocross and drag racing, so driving skills were apparent for all to see. The people who owned the Z06's had no business with that much car. On the autocross track, they were being beaten by any C4 on up. On the strip, they were running 14 seconds! I would love to have one myself, but my C5 Z06 is a great car already, and my wallet is not that fat. I just think it is a shame to have a car that great in the hands of someone who cannot drive.

That is a shame. It would be nice, but hey so is mine right. Hell it is my first one! Maybe one day. Have a good day!:cool

What a beautiful car and background. It's really neat how each vette has it's own personality and distinct look. I love that color because not too many people have it, of course any Z06 looks great!! :L

Thanks for posting a pic! :cool

Well I figured out how to upload pics now. Woohoo!!!:cool

JDE070615CORVETTE04.jpg

Do the corvettes hold trade value? If so, when is a good time to trade in for new one. I have owned a 2007 c6 for 1 month and 10 days and all I can think about is the Z06... What a machine. What is the average length of time to keep a vette before you trade it in? Or should I just pay this one off and buy another one? That's what most people seem to do. I am not rich, so a Z06 is a little out of range but I figure if I drive this one for a while, I could trade it in....
I think the best idea is to buy used (although I didn't myself on my C6).
IMO, the C5 Z06 is more fun than the C6 coupe, and way cheaper. Soon you will be able to get a used C6 Z06 pretty cheap too. These are mass-produced cars (which is why they are affordable) and they don't hold value very well. But, as noted in a recent major auto publication, used Vettes are a great sports car bargain. Don't settle for less than the Z06 and upgrade a Coupe--the power isn't the whole story--the weight, gear ratios, etc are big factors.

Thanks Gersh, that is good advice. I actually thought about that too. Start to look for some 2006, 2007 Z06's next year. Thanks again...

Ha, I know what you look like bro, trust me, they aint lookin at you!;LOL

Ha Ha Ha GEAUX... I see your Atlanta trip turned you into a comedian!!:L

Well, you're right, they aren't looking!!!:D
But, my wife does and that's all that matters to me:L...... So, are you coming down for the Lexington thing???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom