Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{CHMSL}I just realized my car is not the only one...

*89x2*

{CHMSL}I just realized my car is not the only one...

without one :W

Anyone else missing theirs :eek:hnoes

DSC02221.jpg

Here is the tail of mine: No CHMSL... ;shrug

pict03.jpg

I know of two others. One green and one white. :upthumbs

meant to put this in the other post

2628052140081718910S425x425Q85.jpg

2979092950081718910S425x425Q85.jpg

Were those cars built that way originally?

If it is the white one near you, did its original tail have a CHMSL in it ;shrug

They were later converted. Mine was that way from '92. Much cleaner look I think. :cool

Interesting observation!
(DID THEY GIVE YOU A TICKET FOR NOT HAVING IT DURING THE PHOTO_OP? ;LOL)

I see that my older Turquoise brother doesn't have it... and that is a 1990 CTTC.

Here is mine

CHMSL.jpg

-Luigi
:cool

I agree, much cleaner!

They were later converted. Mine was that way from '92. Much cleaner look I think. :cool

Yeah, my 1993 Ruby Red SNAT 425 does not have one - never did ;shrug

Its twin (#002) didn't have one either. I wonder how many others are out there :confused

The white one never had it even before the entire speedster bumper and exhaust from Callaway were added. Still have the original bumper for someone who needs it.

The green one had it but the entire speedster bumper and exhaust from Callaway deleted it...

Yeah, my 1993 Ruby Red SNAT 425 does not have one - never did ;shrug

Its twin (#002) didn't have one either. I wonder how many others are out there :confused

Shopview,

Thanks for the clarification.

I now see that the Speedster bumpers don't have CHMSL and that they have the center double-D exhaust.

So if you wanted the center double-D exhaust, you got a Speedster bumper (no CHMSL). If your Aerobody had stock or megaphone exhaust (and hence did not want a notch where the center exhaust was) you got the original Aerobody bumber with CHMSL.

-Luigi

Shopview,

I now see that the Speedster bumpers don't have CHMSL and that they have the center double-D exhaust.

So if you wanted the center double-D exhaust, you got a Speedster bumper (no CHMSL). If your Aerobody had stock or megaphone exhaust (and hence did not want a notch where the center exhaust was) you got the original Aerobody bumber with CHMSL.

-Luigi

So then how did the 1990 lose the brakelight :confused

2979092950081718910S425x425Q85.jpg

The Speedster part is right, though. I just checked the photos I have of the Speedsters, and none of them have a CHMSL.
22.JPG

Here are a few more examples, no CHMSL and no center exhaust:

-Luigi

89 #10
06.jpg

89 #39
5f_3.jpg

91#53
TT91-053rear.jpg

a 1990
PICT0037.jpg

Sort of, The standard SNAT Aerobody bumper with regular dual exhaust (white car bumper in my attic) had no CHMSL. When looking in the Callaway installation manual it calls for it to be cut out. Of note though, the trim bezel that your car has is not included in the kit. For example, the 1996 CE was the same way. The CHMSL was cut out and inserted but no trim ring is used.

I think all the bumpers have to be hand cut out to use the CHMSL according to the manual it was left up to the owner/installer.

Shopview,

-Luigi

Maybe the connection is the shop that did the installs. My car was sent to Callaway Cars for the conversion and Callaway uses a local shop in CT. ( fogot the name ) to do the fitment of the Aerobody and paint work. Maybe they simply chose not install them for astectic reasons. The aerobody looks much better without that light.

If that same company in CT. did do the aerobody and yet a brake light is installed maybe it was a California car. :confused

Maybe the others with aerobodys and brake light were done by another shop or owner and they just read the manual for installation and added the brake bezel.

Here are a few more examples, no CHMSL and no center exhaust:

-Luigi

89 #10
06.jpg

89 #39
5f_3.jpg

91#53

a 1990

Actually those two have it on the top of the rear glass. That was the standard location for coupes. :upthumbs

So what I get out of this is:

If its a coupe, CHMSL should be on the roof, not on the bumper.
If its a vert, then CHMSL should be on the bumper but cars with a center DoubleD exaust got the speedster bumpers which had no CHMSL.

Then the only car that is I have seen that does not meet this criteria is:

PICT0037.jpg

-Luigi

THE CHMSL WERE ON TOP UP TO 1990.WHEN GM CHANGE THE REAR BUMPER TO COPY THE ZR1 THEY WERE PUT INTO THE REAR BUMPER.CONV. WHERE IN THE BUMPER BEFORE 1991.
IT WAS UP TO THE INSTALLER TO CUT OUT FOR IT ON THE AB KITS.

STEVE

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom