Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire pressure indicator

vette.vato

Corvette
2004 coup/commemorative edition
Resently I replaced my tires and now my tire pressure indicator is asking me to service soon. Have been ignoring but now am hearing a high pitched sound that seems to be coming from the area around my rear tire. Your thoughts please.

High pitched sound? The tire sesors don't make any sound unless it's the sound of air leaking from your tires because they don't have the o-rings in the sensors or something.:confused

Resently I replaced my tires and now my tire pressure indicator is asking me to service soon. Have been ignoring but now am hearing a high pitched sound that seems to be coming from the area around my rear tire. Your thoughts please.

Are your sensors reading for each wheel? If they are not then one may have been damaged by the the tire changer. If you are reading all four wheels then reset the DIC. The alert may have been generated by the tire pressure sensor system due to the changing of the tires. Also make certain that the pressure in your tires is not too low or too high as either condition will cause the system to throw a code to the DIC. The noise is definately not related, the sensor is a little bitty transmitter made into the valve stem.

What do you mean by "resetting the DIC?" Do you mean erasing your codes or releaning the TPS's?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom