Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Side window coding?

emf1367

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
Will someone please check their side windows and tell me what codes are listed. I have a 1975 convertible and the window coding is DOT 15 M 74.

I've been told that the M74 windows are for coupes and convertibles are M75. I'm having troubles adjusting the windows so I think there might be coupe rather than convertible side glass.

Any information would be helpful and I'd really be interested in what others have listed on their glass.

I'm told the M74 and M75 listings are only on original LOF Sotray Flo-lite glass.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
:w

side window

hello in case this helps, my original 74, t top has this on the glass ,
Soft Ray
Safety Flow Lof lite
as- 2 = cu
Solid Tempered
Dot 15 m 74
regards wayne.

My early parts book (70-72) shows a different part number for coupe and convert. Later parts book shows the same part number for both. Doesn't say anything about the code ID.

just checked my 71' Convert and it says DOT 15 M74 AS-2 LN on both windows.

Thanks Wayne and Duke. This is the kind of information I was looking for. Sounds like the M74 coding doesnt necessarily indicate is was strictly used on coupes. The NCRS judging manual is where I found that information.

I wonder when the change between the convertible and coupe glass took place, and what the real difference is.

Thanks again.

I wonder when the change between the convertible and coupe glass took place, and what the real difference is.

Thanks again.

There wasn't a change - the coupe and convertible side glass was always different, and you can't interchange them. The rear edge of the coupe glass is vertical to match the rear pillar, and the rear edge of the convertible glass is slanted forward to match the slanted shape of the top. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom