Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Acquisition

The Pictures Look Just Fine

So, what do you think of the pictures, themselves? I've gotten some feedback that someone (who shall remain nameless, unless they wish to identify themself) thinks they look "nasty" and I should hire Tammy to get some real pics. Sadly, this person has balked at the notion of underwriting Tammy's travel expenses to come out here and take those "real pics."

:w
-Patrick

Hmmm....let me take a wild guess. Would it be a Dwayne (aka 6-Shooter)? If yes - why not send him your files and see if he can modify them to meet his elevated standards. Not to mention his Millennium Yellow ego.:L

Remo:cool

Congratulations and all the luck in the world to you with the new vert!!!! :beer I just got my C6 vert 3 weeks ago and can't keep out of it!!!! Like you, I now have to keep a hat in the car also.

Side note to 6Shooter: I got a good pic of her at the shore this weekend and I'll post it tonight, I promise!!!!

Patrick
With all the bantering going on between you and the other CACers, let me change the thread somewhat to extend my congratulations on your new ride - she looks great. Maybe you will now understand why I brought my 94 vert to the Springs for CF07 instead of the coupe - those cruises you and the other organizers planned were great with the top down - hope you get to experience it also. Colorado with the top down, drive home everynight from work with the lid off. LOVE IT! Let me add my two cents worth about the hat. If you value your hat, then attach it. I use a lanyard (similar to the ones you provided for our CF badges) attached to the back strap and put the other end around my neck. Works great and the hat will stay with you. And to quote a previous post of yours to me before CF07, wear the baseball style cap with the bill forward.

Again congratulations on the C6, I envy you. BTW, who got the pleasure of owning the Z06?

Barrett

Well now it makes sense! I was wondering why you never switched avatars to the new ones I had given you...;shrug

Congrats on the new ride! :upthumbs

Since the car is already broken in, how is it compared to the C5-Z? Handling, power(band), etc...?

Remo & Patrick: When your use to looking @ good photo-shots, it's hard to look at butcher jobs! :cool​

L8TR - D

For the record, I've also gotten the following feedback from the same source on my avatar: "What da freak is that? The Ugly Eye Avatar!"

No, it's the evil eye, Dwayne. And it's watching you.

And speaking of Evil...

I have an idea for your new vanity plate:

DRTH VRTR

(Darth Verter) :D

Not trying to pull me into your vortex of evil, are you Jim? :L

Besides, that's two characters more than I'd be allowed on my plate.

Nice car, Patrick! Any mods yet?:w

Mods? Dude, I haven't even had the car a week yet! Mods will come in the fullness of time. I'm already missing the sound of my Borlas.

Let me add my two cents worth about the hat. If you value your hat, then attach it. I use a lanyard (similar to the ones you provided for our CF badges) attached to the back strap and put the other end around my neck. Works great and the hat will stay with you. And to quote a previous post of yours to me before CF07, wear the baseball style cap with the bill forward.

Again congratulations on the C6, I envy you. BTW, who got the pleasure of owning the Z06?

Good advice on the hat, Barrett. I'll take care of that. The Z06 was part of the trade, so it went to the dealer.

I can so picture that!

"ok honey now when I introduce you to the non-club, you have to watch out for this 'Bill' guy..."

Yes, Bill, I plan to have exactly that conversation with her. And wouldn't you just love to know the full litany of stuff I plan to tell her about you. Be afraid, Bill. Be very afraid. :D

-Patrick

Well now it makes sense! I was wondering why you never switched avatars to the new ones I had given you...;shrug

Congrats on the new ride! :upthumbs

Since the car is already broken in, how is it compared to the C5-Z? Handling, power(band), etc...?

I did switch. You just couldn't tell because it was so similar to the one I had been using.

As for how the car handles, let me just tell that the five horsepower difference between the Z06 and my LS-2 here is not at all perceptible. The car is flawless in it's handling, cornering is incredibly fun. (And I love the lateral G-force reading on the Heads Up Display when I carve some turns at speed.)

Acceleration is, obviously, immediate. But it's like it's more refined than the Z06. The Z06 was all about raw power. Running through the gears in the C6 is smoother, but with no loss in responsiveness. The most fun is pushing it from a cruising speed of 70 or so up to some really big numbers- there is no lag or delay in how it just jumps on it.

-Patrick

Thanks, Remo. And we all know you wave to Corvette brothers. One late wave doesn't ruin your track record. :)

So, what do you think of the pictures, themselves? I've gotten some feedback that someone (who shall remain nameless, unless they wish to identify themself) thinks they look "nasty" and I should hire Tammy to get some real pics. Sadly, this person has balked at the notion of underwriting Tammy's travel expenses to come out here and take those "real pics."

:w
-Patrick

Patrick "the proud new owner of a C6 showing his pics"
Well sir, I re-looked at your pics of the C6, and while they are very good, Tammy, the official photographer of CAC, would do better. However, the State of Colorado has an official CAC photographer too, Bruce Miller. You remember him, red C5 coupe, lives in the Springs or thereabouts? I am sure that he would take all the photos you would want for no more than half the price of Tammy's expenses, so maybe "the person" would cough up the dough, provided that you supply the film for Bruce's digital camera.

Patrick "the poet laurette of CAC"
Now that you have the C6, we expect you to share some new "odes" that you write for her, similar to those for the Z06. Maybe an "Ode to my Black C6 Roadster" would be a great start. You will have a new experience viewing the Colorado sunset from the cockpit of the convertible, an awe inspiring event for the official poet.

Barrett

As for how the car handles, let me just tell that the five horsepower difference between the Z06 and my LS-2 here is not at all perceptible.
Acceleration is, obviously, immediate. But it's like it's more refined than the Z06. Running through the gears in the C6 is smoother, but with no loss in responsiveness.
So overall they are pretty close...?
Without doing a complete hijack here, I guess the question is: Is the depreciated value on an '03 Z06 an overall better value than the higher priced base '06 C6 for someone looking for performance on a budget?

At the strip, C5 Z06's run faster than C6's, but not by much. That is my experience at least.

Roadster

Very nice, I personally like the blink more than the wave. In fact if you blink at a G-3 they blink back. LOL.;LOL

G-3

Porsche.

Patrick "the poet laurette of CAC"
Now that you have the C6, we expect you to share some new "odes" that you write for her, similar to those for the Z06. Maybe an "Ode to my Black C6 Roadster" would be a great start. You will have a new experience viewing the Colorado sunset from the cockpit of the convertible, an awe inspiring event for the official poet.

Poet Laurette? Why, thanks, Barrett. :)

Stand by on that. I'm in negotiations with my Muse as we speak.

So overall they are pretty close...?
Without doing a complete hijack here, I guess the question is: Is the depreciated value on an '03 Z06 an overall better value than the higher priced base '06 C6 for someone looking for performance on a budget?

For sheer power, I'd have to say yes: the C5 Z06, now depreciated by a couple of years, will give owners the raw power of the 405 HP LS-6.

But that doesn't take into account the added value the C6 brings in terms of refinement. And then there's the extras like the Nav System, magnetic selective ride control, and the next generation Heads Up Display which doesn't do the "blueing out" effect when the sun is at a particular angle over your shoulder. And I love that you can program the fobs to recognize you- I get in the car and start her up, and the car welcomes me by name.

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom