Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where do you shift with the hotcam?

nuck

Corvette
2002 Procharged vert
With stock valvetrain, headers and CAI. I have only ever seen dyno sheets on LT1s with this cam and they seem to fall off pretty fast after 6000rpm but it seems like my curve doesn't dive quite as early. Anyone?

After my HC install I raised my rev-limiter to 6800. I don't necessarily always take it up that high but I periodically shift @ 6500-6700 w/ no problems...motor's still pulling strong.

See my sig for mods:

Jeff,

Just saw the new signature pic. The car is lookin' good!:beer

Jeff,

Just saw the new signature pic. The car is lookin' good!:beer

Thx Edmond. :beer

Yeah, I've been consistently dumping money into her so she's coming along. Guess the word "done" does not apply when you're talkin' about Vettes. :L

Jeff,

Have you gotten the baby dyno'd lately?

I think I'll have to get into an LT4 one day. But I also wouldn't mind having a '94 or '95 LT1 6 speed. We're changing emissions laws here in IL. If your car is older than a '96, it just has to pass one more time and no more tests after that.

That means it'll be time to drop in a wild crate motor.:rotfl

When I LT4-tified my 92 LT1 car and used the Hot Cam, the chip maker advised me to shift at 6200 - fuel shutoff was raised to 6700.
Only problem with that is the 92 LT1 cars came with 6000 RMP tachs. I shifted as the tach passed 6. Worked pretty good.

Jeff,

Have you gotten the baby dyno'd lately?

I think I'll have to get into an LT4 one day. But I also wouldn't mind having a '94 or '95 LT1 6 speed. We're changing emissions laws here in IL. If your car is older than a '96, it just has to pass one more time and no more tests after that.

That means it'll be time to drop in a wild crate motor.:rotfl

No Edmond but I do plan to do dyno her as well as do some 1/4 mi. runs as soon as temps drop a bit (November) here in Phx. Now that I have the 4.10's in an all she really pulls like crazy. I'm expecting some good #'s although a set of DR's would help me w/ my times I'm sure.

I can understand your emissions concerns; I've been real lucky here cuz I'm runnig w/ no cats. The '96 & newer cars (OBD2) just get plugged in & checked for codes. No codes, you're good to go. I've already passed once this way. 95 & older get the sniffer test which I'm sure I'd fail w/ my current setup.

1/4 mile runs

Yeah!Hurry up and get to the track,I am curious too!:dancenaughty(We(Jeff and I) have close to the same mods,and I'm too broke right now to break anything at the track.);)HEEHEE

We're changing emissions laws here in IL. If your car is older than a '96, it just has to pass one more time and no more tests after that.

Edmond,

I had no idea. When did you hear about this? I took my brother's pick-up thru the test yesterday. No gas cap test! When did that start?

Edmond,

I had no idea. When did you hear about this? I took my brother's pick-up thru the test yesterday. No gas cap test! When did that start?

Here is the website:

http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/

It's right under General Information:

The Illinois vehicle emission test program improves air quality and implements pollution reductions from vehicles, as required by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.

Recent changes to the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 provide that vehicles of model year 1995 and older that are in compliance with the law as of February 1, 2007, will no longer be subject to emissions testing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom