Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5's In The Snow

Look you guys - this is all part of my new winter theropy program with Nurse Alexis.......you do remember Nurse Alexis don't you? She recomends that I get an early "jump" on things.

Remo:cool

How could we forget Nurse Alexis? Those shoes looked a little tricky for work, however. But I warn you that Nurse Alexis will have to administer some discipline soon if this keeps up.

Do you need to increase the dose on your winter meds, Remo?

Perhaps a new poll is in order. Which drives better in snow, yellow Corvettes or silver Corvettes? ;)

:wDidn't they ever tell you not to eat yellow snow?:chuckle:beer

How could we forget Nurse Alexis? Those shoes looked a little tricky for work, however. But I warn you that Nurse Alexis will have to administer some discipline soon if this keeps up.

I have the sneaking suspicion that on the thought of Nurse Alexis administering some discipline, Remo is thinking, "please, don't throw me in that briar patch."

Don't let Remo get up into a 2 story or higher building. Watch him folks. ;LOL

First year that I get to participate in the NE "No Vette In The Snow" ritual. ;) Well, not entirely true, I drove up here in February last year and the car actually saw some snow during the drive up.

Philadelphia doesn't get near the snow that New England does, but there will be a few months that I'm sure I will not be able to drive the vette. However, it won't be nearly as long as what Remo has to put up with in Mass. :D If the roads are clear I'll drive it! :Steer

Leon

Just like the mail man. I drive it in rain, sleet, and snow. Gotta love the way it handles.

Who makes studded snows for C5's... I have a month or so to get ready to try the snow action in Cleveland...

Hey Remo, this was not the best time to bring up the S word. It started snowing at my house Saturday night and was still snowing when I left for work early this morning. Needless to say, I drove one of my four 4X4s into work. Fortunately, the highways were only wet as it is still warm enough to melt the stuff, even in the mountains at 8600 feet. I had just mentioned to my wife that the time was getting close to the winter storage deadline. She said for me to put the 02 away first, put the hardtop on the convertible, and drive it until the snow got serious. So, to answer your question, I do not drive my vettes in the snow if I can help it. They go into storage for 5 months. Am anxiously awaiting Spring now. Wednesday I hope I can drive the 94 with the top down for one more glorious ride.
Barrett

It's Getting To Be That Time

Hey Remo, this was not the best time to bring up the S word. It started snowing at my house Saturday night and was still snowing when I left for work early this morning. Needless to say, I drove one of my four 4X4s into work. Fortunately, the highways were only wet as it is still warm enough to melt the stuff, even in the mountains at 8600 feet. I had just mentioned to my wife that the time was getting close to the winter storage deadline. She said for me to put the 02 away first, put the hardtop on the convertible, and drive it until the snow got serious. So, to answer your question, I do not drive my vettes in the snow if I can help it. They go into storage for 5 months. Am anxiously awaiting Spring now. Wednesday I hope I can drive the 94 with the top down for one more glorious ride.
Barrett

Barrett - that's what you get living in the Rockies. Hey it was great being out there in late June for the Cruise Fest. Colorado Springs is absolutely beautiful. Soon it will be that time out here and I'll put mine away for six months. Depressing isn't it.

Barrett - that's what you get living in the Rockies. Hey it was great being out there in late June for the Cruise Fest. Colorado Springs is absolutely beautiful. Soon it will be that time out here and I'll put mine away for six months. Depressing isn't it.

I agree, it is very depressing, but I am not going to move from the Rockies. Am looking forward to seeing you in Cleveland next year, where it doesn't snow in June or October (I hope).
Barrett

Up State New York

Hey gang,

Here's a brave guy driving his C2 in the snow. The picture
was taken many years ago and he claims he had studded
snow tires and as long as the snow wasn't over the front
bumpers - he'd go ahead and drive it. And how about those
triple tail lights. There's a mod from the past.

my_images.jpg

Hey gang,

Here's a brave guy driving his C2 in the snow. The picture
was taken many years ago and he claims he had studded
snow tires and as long as the snow wasn't over the front
bumpers - he'd go ahead and drive it. And how about those
triple tail lights. There's a mod from the past.

my_images.jpg

Remo - you're still on this subject of snow. The pic you attached reminded me of the time I was stationed in Alaska in 1964-66. Lived off-base. Had a white 63 SWC. It was the only car I had. During the winter, late September to May, I ran studded snow tires, 5W oil and lite weight tranny fluid in the 4 speed. The SWC did great in the snow and ice, but I was very careful when I drove. Believe it was due mostly to the positraction, 4 speed, and thinner wheels than the C4-C6 variety. Stopping was more of a problem. Never got stuck. And I drove every day. I remember one Sunday morning I woke up the radio said it was -70 degrees outside, so I stayed inside until it warmed up to minus 45 degrees. The SWC was inside an insulated garage when I was stationed in Fairbanks, with a circulating heater in the cooling system, and a trickle charger on the batt, so it started up and I managed to drive it without a problem. A major worry was parking outside for more than 4 hours, the tires could freeze to the ice, and the tread could be ripped off when starting from a stop. Was very careful on this problem. As for the mods, none as I only had two tail lights.

Drove the convertible in today as it is supposed to be 75 degrees above. Bet Patrick did the same.
Barrett

Drove the convertible in today as it is supposed to be 75 degrees above. Bet Patrick did the same.
Barrett

I suspect that Patrick is in the house, behind closed curtains, quietly crying into his beer. The Rockies were swept by the Red Sox...

I suspect that Patrick is in the house, behind closed curtains, quietly crying into his beer. The Rockies were swept by the Red Sox...

I never cry into my beer. Makes it taste salty.

As it happens, I was driving the Vette today, and I did have the top down. It's the perfect tonic for the irritation of having the new evil empire in baseball steamroll over your brave, noble, small-market team.
:D

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom