Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need new tires Michelin vs. Goodyear? Thoughts?

vettegirl70

Corvette
2007 Black Convertible
My baby is a 2007 Black Convertible running the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar run-flats on all four wheels. The car has just shy of 15k miles on it and the front tires are already down to the wear indicators so almost time to replace. Since the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars are on national backorder now does anyone have any better recommendations on a tire to use? I want to stick with a run-flat, I live in Dallas so I'm not driving in much winter weather and I have fun but don't driver her too hard. I've noticed a lot of people running the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2... I've been told they are noiser than the Goodyear. Help...recommendations anybody?? ;help

Welcome to the show!

I bought my 2002 ZO6 last year and it had Khumo tires on it. They've been great so far, noise imo is not a problem. I've run GY's on lots of other cars and heard really good things about the Pilot's, but never had 'em.

Cheers!

Welcome to the show!

I bought my 2002 ZO6 last year and it had Khumo tires on it. They've been great so far, noise imo is not a problem. I've run GY's on lots of other cars and heard really good things about the Pilot's, but never had 'em.

Cheers!

I had a set of Pilot Pro's on my old Grand Sport. They were great tires. A huge step up from the stock Goodyear's.

Vettegirl, check out the Tire Rack. They have great reviews of tons of tires. They even have a tire selection tool that you can use to help decide what tires work for you.

Jason

Yes a lot of people are getting different tires. There are many complaints about the Goodyears. I think it is also a matter of preference.

I like both the standard C6 Goodyear F1 GS2 or the Pilot Sport ZP.

As you found out, the Supercar tires wear out fast. If you don't drive the car hard, the Supercar tire is over kill.

The GS2 or Pilot Sport is better for the average driver and they work much better in the rain.

I'm also a fan of the Goodyear F1 D3. I'm not sure if it comes in run-flat sizes for the C6 though.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the Khumo's on pricing and other reviews. Just can't see sticking with the GY's for the price and short life-span!

I've tried running the GY's soft and still get a stiffer ride. They are great for sticking to the road, especially in the heat of the summer here but come a rainy day and I dread driving, terrible water treading.

People forget about Firestone run flats. They are a lot cheaper than the alternatives, and people around here seem to like them a lot for street use.

I think the Firestone Wide Oval Runflats are discontinued?

I think the Firestone Wide Oval Runflats are discontinued?

No. They are still available for the C6.

I bought my Firestone's in January and would not hesitate to recommend them for Corvette owners that still want Run Flats.

The Tire Rack is an excellent source of information.

Pilot Sport ZPs?

I like both the standard C6 Goodyear F1 GS2 or the Pilot Sport ZP.

I was just reading about the Pilot Sport ZP online. Tire Rack doesn't have them in the sizes needed to replace my original C6 equipment, any idea of where to find them??

Good-bye Goodyear

Today -- for the 6th time in 9 years -- my magnetic Goodyear EMTs have gone flat or near-flat after driving only city and suburban Chicago streets.

I have never ordered -- but have certainly paid for -- the GY magnetic :W tire option on both my C5 & C6.

I replaced my C5's GYs with Michelin ZPs and drove a nail-less 12,000 miles.

Aside from leaking air on the C5 version, being noisier and grabbing nails on both versions of GY's finest, there is no other benefit to buying GY!

I PLAN ON GOING WITH KUMHO NON RUN FLATS AND WAS QUOTED 1000.00 FOR ALL 4 TIRES

Eagle F1 GS D3, not a EMT but better traction wet and dry, smoother and MUCH quieter. I still have the EMT's on my 08 but will change them out when I need new ones. I have my second set of Eagle F1 GS D3's on my C5.. LOVE THEM.. much, much better..

My baby is a 2007 Black Convertible running the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar run-flats on all four wheels. The car has just shy of 15k miles on it and the front tires are already down to the wear indicators so almost time to replace. Since the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars are on national backorder now does anyone have any better recommendations on a tire to use? I want to stick with a run-flat, I live in Dallas so I'm not driving in much winter weather and I have fun but don't driver her too hard. I've noticed a lot of people running the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2... I've been told they are noiser than the Goodyear. Help...recommendations anybody?? ;help

REPLY: I got rid of my RunFlats immediately due to noise. Installed a set of Michelin PS2's for about $1200 installed . I carry a can of inflation foam with tire repair kit just in case. The Michelins hold real well and are much quieter. Very stable at 110 mph .

Consider going with non-runflats... That gives more options. Anyway, when is the last time you had a tire go flat suddenly and strand you? The quality of tires these days makes that much less common, so runflats are correspondingly less important. I would have gone with Kumhos, but they don't make them sized for the back of the C6Z06, so I got Nittos, and they are quieter and stickier than Goodyears.
Gersh

I PLAN ON GOING WITH KUMHO NON RUN FLATS AND WAS QUOTED 1000.00 FOR ALL 4 TIRES

I've heard from several people that they like the Kumho non run flats as well.

I want to stick with Run Flats for my C6 since there is no spare and I like the security of knowing if I have a flat, I can drive somewhere to get it fixed. No spare in my opinion equals one big headache!

I'm looking at the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval run flats now. Good reviews and about have the price of the Goodyear F1 stock tires.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom