Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! W W blades????

blacksharkL82

Corvette
1992 RED coupe
I'm new to this fourm and to C4s. (1992)
I need a set of wiper blades. I went to 3 different parts stores and they all gave me a different story and different blades.
Went to the dealer. He had none in stock and they were $35.00 each, just the blades and were different lengths. What gives with the lack of blades and the dealer price?
I've been told I need a lower blades, to get hood clearance.
"Okay, give me two. Sorry, not in stock."
What are you people running and where to buy?
Thanks.

I have the ones on there when I bought the car 4 years ago. Only had to use them a few times, and have not replaced them. I have heard of issues with replacement blades....maybe just replace the rubber part by itself, instead of replacing the entire blade?

You could give Chris May a call at Superior Chevy in Kansas City.

Mention Greg from Chicago / CAC website and he will give you a discount. You can buy any GM part from Chris. Even with shipping, he usually beats anyone else's price.

SAVE THE :w

Wiper Blades

I just went to Walmart and got a set for $20. I just had to shave the top center of the driver side blade down so it would clear the hood. I used a knife and a dremel tool to shave the top of the blade. :upthumbs

I had the same problem with my '93. Went to several places trying the fit of different wiper blades. I found a set that works fine: Trico Innovision
14-190. I forget which auto supply I did buy them from.

i had the same problem with replacement blades from WalMart. Had to shave down the top of the snap in plastic piece with the Dremmel to get it to clear.

Wiper blades!

Thanks, all.
Got them at AZ. Trico #20-2, Exact fit.
No adapters needed. Slipped right on.
Clears the hood, when closed.
I can see 9in the rain, again.

Thanks, all.
Got them at AZ. Trico #20-2, Exact fit.
No adapters needed. Slipped right on.
Clears the hood, when closed.
I can see 9in the rain, again.

Is that the same part for both sides ?

Yes.
GM, says 2 sizes are needed, but the ones on the vette, were the same size and so are these. No interferance and they clear the hood. Full wipe.

I can confirm BlacksharkL82's feedback about the Trico Exact Fit Wiper Blades #20-2 being a perfect fit. Same blade size for both sides. These blades do not require adapters, preventing any issues in clearing the hood.

I'm new to this fourm and to C4s. (1992)
I need a set of wiper blades. I went to 3 different parts stores and they all gave me a different story and different blades.
Went to the dealer. He had none in stock and they were $35.00 each, just the blades and were different lengths. What gives with the lack of blades and the dealer price?
I've been told I need a lower blades, to get hood clearance.
"Okay, give me two. Sorry, not in stock."
What are you people running and where to buy?
Thanks.

I picked up a set of blades from the dealer a short while back. He ordered them in and had them the next morning. Each the same size, but one was driver side, one was passenger, which is correct. A tiny little P on one and a D on the other.Think they were about $25 for the pair or less.

Anyway, I am suprised they said none in stock and the price, but especially the dealer saying they were different lengths. Sounds like a bad dealer or a rookie on the parts computer. Anyway, glad you sorted it out and got ones that fit.........lots of people have put on after market blades that don't fit and can cause problems.
RG

I don't know if the 90 would be diff, but I just go to the local parts store and pick up the right length Anco blades. ;shrug

Glenn
:w

I know it doesn't rain here much in Phoenix but I haven't used my blades when it does, I use Rainx and the water just slides off with no problems, no matter how hard it does rain, did the same thing when I lived in Orlando Fl, where it practically rained daily.
Gordon

I bought from several companies but never was satisfied...they fit but looked different than the originals..fortunately I save everything I remove/change for archival purposes. I replaced the rubber on the originals and am quite satisfied. Its easy and looks "right".
I need to repaint them since they are a little faded and starting to look ratty. So I'd appreciate an answer from those of you who bought the Trico blades: do they have the single hole in the middle and each side bends....or are they a fixed str8 non-bending blade with several holes and an adapter?
Thanks!

The Trico exact fit blades have a single hole with a sping that allows either side to flex. All the other blades I looked at (did not try stock blades from a dealership) required an adapter. I did not like how the different universal blades with adapters would attach to the pin, regardless of any hood issue they created. Advanced Auto was great, letting me try different blades. After I installed both exact fit blades, I noticed that in the off postion they seated correctly in the factory blade stops. I tried delay, low, and high at both idle and at 60 MPH and they performed perfectly.

I've been a little overdue on replacing my WW blades, picked up a set of the Trico's at AdvanceAuto yesterday...they slip right onto the pin just fine and hide away like the original ones, no problem. Not sure how prices are anywhere else, but it was 15$ for a pair of them here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom