Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Magnaflow SS Catback installed (w/ pics)

Corvette
Blk/Blk '96 LT4 Coupe
I have EM longtubes, no cats (3" SS collectors instead), and recently added the new 3" Magnaflow SS system (#16837). It comes w/ an x-pipe that runs into a straight through resonator and out to the pipes back to the mufflers, which have dual 4" round tips (mirrored inside & out). The system never necks down (resonator included) and is a true 3" system all the way from the headers back. FWIW...I've heard pretty much every system imaginable on a C4 and this system absolutely kills.

IMG_0692-1.jpg

IMG_0696-1.jpg

This is the only system I've seen for a C4 that uses one continuous piece of pipe from the resonator back to the mufflers...instead of the standard two piece. The benefit being that you don't have clamps or weld lines that can be seen from the rear of the car. Very clean looking...see pic on jackstands.

IMG_0698-1.jpg

IMG_0687-1.jpg

IMG_0691-1.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4720-1.jpg

Thx 4 lookin'....soundclips soon to follow.
yesnod.gif

Jeff
cheers2.gif

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I forgot the best part...

$581 shipped
eek6.gif
from www.performancepeddler.com
thumbsup.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 9/9

As promised, here's a soundclip...not the best but you get the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COogVWx5VQ

I like it.

Is it a true bolt on if you keep the cats ?

Yes. The system is designed to bolt right up to the stock manifolds. In fact, I had to do a bit of modding in order to get it to hook up to my longtubes.

Thx Dwayne...I'll see what I can do. Yeah, you've heard that one before...LOL.

Wow! Very nice. I had heard that this system was being developed. Thanks for the report.

Do you have much interior resonance?

Surprisingly no...although it's louder than what was on the car (longtubes, no cats, back to the stock resonator & pipes into Magnaflow mufflers), the design of the system has reduced the resonance to almost nil.

Okay, I will say it . . .

. . . that is the baddest rear view of a C-4 I have ever seen. The tires, those pipes, very cool. With those wheels . . . (I think I'm going to have an "accident" <looking down> okay, I'm good)
Very nice ride.

Foy
Las Vegas

Jeff, that is one mean looking exhaust system!

I had been hearing through the grapevine for awhile that this system was coming.

Magnaflow makes some excellent exhaust products. Late model C4 owners have been looking for this one for some time.

SAVE THE :w

Thx fellas. :beer

As promised, I just posted a video soundclip in original post. Unfortunately, it really is a weak interpretation of what the system actually sounds like. I do plan on taking some more clips this weekend...in car, drive by etc...

Surprisingly no...although it's louder than what was on the car (longtubes, no cats, back to the stock resonator & pipes into Magnaflow mufflers), the design of the system has reduced the resonance to almost nil.

Is it the Sound Cancellation Type like the Corsa?

Is it the Sound Cancellation Type like the Corsa?

I think that is Corsa's own technology and, although the system is fairly resonance free, it is not like the Corsa in that regard. The smaller pipe diameter (2.5") of the Corsa as well as their muffler design (w/ only one tip of the two doing most, if not all, of the work - unless @ WOT) is what gives Corsa it's "sound cancellation". On the other hand, this Magnaflow system is not designed to be quiet...and it isn't. It just has a very smooth & deep sound and somehow, because of the design, the resonance is minimal...which is rare for a 3" straight through designed exhaust...IE. B&B.

awesome Buy, it looks great, cant wait to hear it, congrats!!

awesome Buy, it looks great, cant wait to hear it, congrats!!

Thx. :beer

Yesterday I edited the original post & added a soundclip...check it out.

Jeff, as usual your Vette looks bad to the bone. :naughty: I like the new exhaust too!

:wJane Ann

Thx Jane Ann :beer

So...does it drone on the highway? If so, at what rpm?
I'm changing my rear gear ratio and haven't bought an
exhaust yet. Don't want the have to hear from the better
half about how loud it is on the highway. ;)
preacherman

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom