Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 50th Anniversary interior codes

8kgold69

Corvette
1969 R.Gold CV. Original 8K miles. Pilot 1970 LT1
HELP!;help

On a 2003 50th Anniversary convertible, the interior actually has 2 colors. 1-the light cream which is called the shale color, which are the seats and some of the plastic trim pieces. The other color is a taupe color, which is the upper part of the door panel and the center console.

I know the shale color code is 154.

What is the taupe color code?

There has to be a trim color code for the taupe.

Thanks

Try paging BowTieBandit. If he still posts here, he has always been a great resource for questions like that.

Hey BowTie.... you out there?

As far as I'm aware, there was only 1 interior available on the 2003 Anniversary Red Corvette. The 154 color code should refer to that interior as a whole, not just the color of one of the shades.

Of course, I could be wrong. ;)

:wJane Ann

Thanks for the reply.

The name for 2003 50th Anniversary interior is Shale, but the if you look at the interior there are 2 colors. The seats, carpet, glove box door, some of the plastic trim, AND half the door panel is a light beige color. The center console, center dash bezel around the radio and the a/c controls, steering wheel, and the other half of the door panel is a taupe color. The light beige color is 154 code. There has be a code for the taupe color. I notice on the information lable in the glove box door it had another code 54T. What is that code for?

Good question. I've not been able to locate a description for the 54T code.

On the CAC 2003 Corvette Paint Specifications page click in the Model Center, it lists the following:
RPO 154
Name Shale
Dupont Name Shale
MFR Code 15/149B
Stock Number C9505

The Corvette Black Book by Mike Antonick has this to say:

The 50th Anniversary's Shale interior blended a lighter value of gray-beige for seats and carpeting with a darker gray-beige for console, instrument panel and upper door panels.

Perhaps the MFR Code refers to those 2 shades of gray-beige. ;shrug

Sorry I can't be more help.
:wJane Ann

Maybe the problem is there is only one color of PAINT used in the interior, and they don't give a color code for the leather and vinyl.

Interior:
RPO: 154
GM Name: Shale
DuPont Name: Shale
MFR Code: 15/194B
Stock: C9505

The wheel color may be close to complementary...
GM Name: Champagne
DuPont Name: Light Warm Nickle Metallic
MFR Code: WA-837K
Stock: P4995

Frank

Thanks for all the responses. Its odd that Chevy puts 2 colors in the interior only provides one code. By the way the tech that responds to the techincal questions, c4c5, knows Corvettes. He has helps me serveral times resolve Corvette tech problems.

Well well well. Thanks to a dedicated parts person @ Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando, Pat, he resolved the mystery of the interior code for the darker shade of shale for the 2003 50th Anniversary edition.

According to GM records the light color of the interior is called shale-code 154, or if you need to dye a piece of interior trim the paint MFG code is #15. The darker shade, which is the upper dash pad, center console, steering wheel, upper part of the door panels, is called "top color Median Netural" code 54T. This makes sence because the dark color is on top. On the spec sheet in the glove box it list the interior trim code 154 and 54T.
I know this information is not going to help the economical stats of the world, but it will bring peace of mine to all of those who own 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette. So now you know the Rest of The Story.

Try contacting http://http://www.paintscratch.com/

They list several (all?) the interior colors for 2003 including the shale. I suspect the 2nd color is one of the other interior colors used on 2003 Corvettes. Perhaps "Paintscratch" can tell you.

50th anniversary interior codes

Thanks for all the responses. Its odd that Chevy puts 2 colors in the interior only provides one code. By the way the tech that responds to the techincal questions, c4c5, knows Corvettes. He has helps me serveral times resolve Corvette tech problems.

Well well well. Thanks to a dedicated parts person @ Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando, Pat, he resolved the mystery of the interior code for the darker shade of shale for the 2003 50th Anniversary edition.

According to GM records the light color of the interior is called shale-code 154, or if you need to dye a piece of interior trim the paint MFG code is #15. The darker shade, which is the upper dash pad, center console, steering wheel, upper part of the door panels, is called "top color Median Netural" code 54T. This makes sence because the dark color is on top. On the spec sheet in the glove box it list the interior trim code 154 and 54T.
I know this information is not going to help the economical stats of the world, but it will bring peace of mine to all of those who own 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette. So now you know the Rest of The Story.

The 154 GM number refers to the two-tone interior commonly refered to as Shale, not the code for either specific color. The 54T code refers to the color of the convertible top and IS NOT the color code for the darker interior color, it was a coincidence the darker color is on the top of the dash. I have never seen a car that lists both interior color codes on the label in the glovebox. The light color is GM code # 149B and is commonly refered to as "Shale". The darker color is GM code # 9648 and is called "Medium Dark Neutral". I recently purchased a pint of the Medium Dark Neutral to touch up a few scratches on the center console in my 50th anniv. vette and the color matched perfect. I hope this clears up some confusion and helps others trying to find the specific color codes. To assist a little more the SEM# for the darker color is 4691. Here's a link to SEM products SEM Products - SEM Products. they can also be found in most autobody supply stores.

Better late?

I know this is an old post, but RPO 54T is the Shale colored convertible top. :w

I am going to follow your #149b and #9648 to order the products I need. This is the closest I can see on line to a color match and the fact that you have used one says it all. The company that is matching up the numbers also has the SEM number matching the GM Number. This is the most confusing issue i have ever seen in color code numbers. I will post after I have worked with these products and let all know what I discover.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom