Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1960 door weatherstrip

Corvette
1960 horizon blue conv
;shrugI am installing wetherstrip on door it has a clip on top of door post is that held in place by top rivet door post felt

;shrugI am installing wetherstrip on door it has a clip on top of door post is that held in place by top rivet door post felt
if I remember correctly....and I could be wrong, it seems to me that it is held in place by a screw as there is a metal tab on the end of the seal. The rest of the seal is held in place with the rubber adhesive. Use the black if you can as it will hide better than that yellow. then the seal has the little plugs that push into the door around the perimeter. I checked for photos and didnt have any. Car is up on lift at the up position and no chance to move stuff around to get to it.

There is a pan head Phillips screw that holds the top tab on that weatherstrip. It also goes through a tab that extends out from the door pillar weatherstrip on my '59. Early '59s used a lot of '58 rubber so your '60 may be different. I would bet that the screw in that position is the same though.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom