Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Ouch! Driveshaft and Yoke 1310 & 1350 Questions

C

Corvettes White

Ouch! Driveshaft and Yoke 1310 & 1350 Questions

Busted the tranny yoke which in turn took-out the tail shaft housing and gouged the hell out of the carbon fiber drive shaft. So, questions.

M20 transmission, 3.08 rear-end in a 1969. Engine is a built 383.

The yoke “was” a cast 1310 two part carrying 1-1/16 caps x 3-1/4 U-joints.

Going to the various web sites (Mark Williams & Strange) I can get a 1350 two part chrome-moly part carrying 1-3/16 caps x 3-5/8 U-joints.

Is there a good option to upgrade the slip yoke without changing the drive line to the larger U-joints?

What is the probability that the larger U-joints will have interference problems?

If I do go to larger U-joints, and since at this time it is not practical to change-out the input on the rear differential, I will need to use as combo 1310/1350 U-joint. Will this cause vibration problems?

I assume that I can get a larger input to the rear-end since, it is my understanding, the auto transmissions also used the larger U-joints. Comments or confirmation?

As always, thank you all in advance.

George :beer

Ouch! Driveshaft and Yoke 1310 & 1350 Questions

Busted the tranny yoke which in turn took-out the tail shaft housing and gouged the hell out of the carbon fiber drive shaft. So, questions.

M20 transmission, 3.08 rear-end in a 1969. Engine is a built 383.

The yoke “was” a cast 1310 two part carrying 1-1/16 caps x 3-1/4 U-joints.

Going to the various web sites (Mark Williams & Strange) I can get a 1350 two part chrome-moly part carrying 1-3/16 caps x 3-5/8 U-joints.

Is there a good option to upgrade the slip yoke without changing the drive line to the larger U-joints?

What is the probability that the larger U-joints will have interference problems?

If I do go to larger U-joints, and since at this time it is not practical to change-out the input on the rear differential, I will need to use as combo 1310/1350 U-joint. Will this cause vibration problems?

I assume that I can get a larger input to the rear-end since, it is my understanding, the auto transmissions also used the larger U-joints. Comments or confirmation?

As always, thank you all in advance.

George :beer
George,

When it came time for me to get detailed information, parts, or work done I spoke with Denny at Denny's Drive Shaft's. I had my drive shaft balanced and new u-joints installed, my slip yoke polished and purchased two new half shafts with u-joints and flanges installed. Here's the web site:

Dennys Driveshafts > Chevrolet > CORVETTE > Dennys Driveshaft Corvette C2 C3 C4 steel and aluminum driveshafts rear axle half shafts driveline parts slip yoke and pinion yoke for your race car or street rod or restoration project 1953 to 1996 Chevrol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom