Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Oh that's horrible:puke
One person's dream car / The Govt.'s "Clunker"

The person that brought this vette in must have been a real tool.

The person that brought this vette in must have been a real tool.
:chuckle

I think he was just clueless & desperate. ;shrug

Mr. Clunker guy- for the love of Pete- just sell it on Craigslist for $4.5K and save a nice car from a terrible death!

Mr. Clunker guy- for the love of Pete- just sell it on Craigslist for $4.5K and save a nice car from a terrible death!

He probably drives a POS mustang. :mad

This is just the start. Later on the govt will look up ALL cars that get poor mileage and clunker them ..... but this time you get no $$$$.
You are correct. MOST of the trades are good $5000+ used cars replaced by cars made by foreign companies. Yes some may be made here but the bulk of the $$ goes back to the fatherland.
If Hitler were to start the Nazis now he would do all these modern things.
The "glass" in the engine is our KRISTALLNACHT!!

BTW - Look up the "health care bill" the last 20% of it consists of Community actions supposedly to monitor our health. It could be easily converted to other subversive activities.
This is beyond serious!!

This is just the start. Later on the govt will look up ALL cars that get poor mileage and clunker them ..... but this time you get no $$$$.
You are correct. MOST of the trades are good $5000+ used cars replaced by cars made by foreign companies.

I more pissed at the jackass than the gov't for the death of this vehicle.

What is the percentage of the cars driven that get poor gas mileage(muscle cars). Probably not that much at all. Our corvettes, really do get good gas mileage. That 86 that was turned in probably got better fuel economy than my 2004 Silverado.

I've got a car in the garage that gets 10-12 mpg, but it only sees maybe 500 miles a year. So that is 50 gallons of gas a year maybe.

Further...You don't get a car for free after you trade in the clunker. It will likely cost another $25000 - $30000 for the foreign replacement. The people who trade the clunkers most likely dont have the money in the first place. NOW they are back in debt which started the thing in the first place. As was noted above there are so many who could have used a good $4000 car.

But feel secure the planet is now saved!! :grouphug:

BTW this program was so widely heralded in Germany where the news said it got great accolades. I would like to hear the real story and see the German Klunkers that were "glassed". I would suspect that they were not nearly as good as most of ours, and would have been junked anyhow. :duh

You're probably right. At this rate, this "cash for clunkers" program should fill our highways with Kia's & Prius's.

The vette doesn't qualify for cash for clunkers. It gets more tham 18MPG on average. Wonder why he fried the engine.

Two dumb bastard's, I'd like to know what GM dealership that was (the guy filming with his camera had on a GM Goodwrench shirt on) some one there(at the dealership) could have figured out a way to make that car disappear and come back as a beautiful restored vette. there's loopholes everywhere!!! :confused And to top it off the guy filming with his phone asked the dope that trashed the engine Why'd you do that? Dope's reply...I don't know. WTF :rotfl

Further...You don't get a car for free after you trade in the clunker. It will likely cost another $25000 - $30000 for the foreign replacement. The people who trade the clunkers most likely dont have the money in the first place. NOW they are back in debt which started the thing in the first place. As was noted above there are so many who could have used a good $4000 car.

But feel secure the planet is now saved!! :grouphug:

BTW this program was so widely heralded in Germany where the news said it got great accolades. I would like to hear the real story and see the German Klunkers that were "glassed". I would suspect that they were not nearly as good as most of ours, and would have been junked anyhow. :duh

You are right on point Njlouc, but how many people who trade-in cars like a Corvette have the common sense of a five year old ? This is just the same old "Pea and the walnut shell game" You really NEVER get anything from the federal Government 'For Nothing' There's Always a catch. I just hope the car will be allowed to be bought by a Corvette recycling yard like Contemporary Corvtte in Bristol, PA. At least that way someone can get to use some of the parts. What a waste ! :mad

You are right on point Njlouc, but how many people who trade-in cars like a Corvette have the common sense of a five year old ? This is just the same old "Pea and the walnut shell game" You really NEVER get anything from the federal Government 'For Nothing' There's Always a catch. I just hope the car will be allowed to be bought by a Corvette recycling yard like Contemporary Corvtte in Bristol, PA. At least that way someone can get to use some of the parts. What a waste ! :mad

BTW, only ford has seen any of the 'Cash for clunkers' program money. 80% of all trades were to japanese manufactures. Typical government program that works best for some foreign country. Just for fun, I looked to see if my C-4 Corvette was eligible, Nope, too old it's a 1984. ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom