Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

01 vs 02 and up

Grizzly

Corvette
1967 Marlboro Maroon Coupe, 1992 White Convertible
For those of you have had the opportunity, is there much difference between the 01 and 02 and up Z06s? I know they picked up 20hp, but that's not much at the near 400hp level. I've seen some 01's at pretty attractive prices and I like the body style
................Griz :lou

Find One & Grabe It

Griz,

Here's a beautiful example of a 2001 Speedway White Z06. The color is what makes this one so special. Only 352 produced.
Remo:cool
100_2073.JPG

For those of you have had the opportunity, is there much difference between the 01 and 02 and up Z06s? I know they picked up 20hp, but that's not much at the near 400hp level. I've seen some 01's at pretty attractive prices and I like the body style
................Griz :lou
There is not that much difference between the 385HP and 405HP. I saw some comparisons that showed the difference only existed above 4000RPM. That graph can be seen in the second link. The two links are articles about the LS6 written by Hib Halverson.

http://idavette.net/hib/ls6/INDEX.HTM
http://idavette.net/hib/02ls6/index.htm

If your buying a Z06 and just doing bolt ons or keep stock? then in my opinion buy the 02. In hindsight its money well spent.

If your looking to modify the car (heads/cam/headers) then take advantage of the lower priced 2001 model year.

2001 ZO6 224/224 114lsa Cam Pkg 415rwhp 380 rwtq, dual comp 921 valvesprings, Halltech Tunnel Ram, Vette Doctors American Brand Racing headers, Vette Doctors Tune ASP 25% Pully, 3.73 Getrag Rear,2004 Z06 shocks,Shaner S2 TB,Hurst, HUD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom