Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

@012 Grand Sport Vert Front spoiler

Dadman1950

Corvette
2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter
2012 Grand Sport Vert Front spoiler

I have a 2012 GS vert, bought new last year - it was a leftover. Here is the issue the front spoiler/splitter on it is so low that it impedes normal driving. Every little dip or and even backing out of my driveway causes it to rub. The other day I wanted to get a quick oil change and could find none of the quick lubes that could take the car in becuase of the 3 inch lip around thier pit. I hown other Corvettes of other gnenerations and do not have this porblem with those. Has anyone done anything that could help alleviate this and are all the GS spoilers so low?
Thanks

Last edited:
The front spoiler scraping is just one of the "perks" of owning a newer Corvette. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's a GS or not.

One of the good things on this issue is that the front spoiler can be replaced easily and quickly - it is a "wear" item after all. ;)

Take your Vette to a shop or dealership that uses a 4-point lift for your oil change. No drive over problem.

I change my own oil and use a set of 67" Race Ramps with Extenders. No problems with that set up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom