Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

02' algorithm

E

eurogalltd

02' algorythmn

it seems like this is very intrusive. it cuts in before the tires brake loose on hard
accelaration(WOT), and gives the feel of the clutch slipping. anyone else feel this
or does mine have a clutch problem? i know its to help reduce wheel hop, but is
it supposed to cut in(cut power) before the wheels actually start hopping?

Hi there,
Depending on conditions, you may be inducing TORQUE MANAGEMENT, which can produce the throttle back feeling that you are experiencing.
Is your traction control on??
Are you doing hard cornering while this is occuring??
The traction control is extremely sensitive, and will kick in before you ever actually feel it spin the wheels.
Hope this helps, and welcome, c4c5:hb

thanks for the repley. no tc/ah is turned off. its when i punch it rolling in first gear.
i feel it. then hit a hard second and feel it. again the car does not rev past like the
clutch is slipping it feels like the power dulls out for a millisecond a couple of times
rev range and i'm not reaching 6000 rpm. if its torque management kicking in?
then its very intrusive . is there a way to program it out?
i did what i call a clutch test. punch it rolling in 5th at 20 mph and the car boggs
no clutch slip.
please advise
thanks

thanks for the repley. no tc/ah is turned off. its when i punch it rolling in first gear.
i feel it. then hit a hard second and feel it. again the car does not rev past like the
clutch is slipping it feels like the power dulls out for a millisecond a couple of times
rev range and i'm not reaching 6000 rpm. if its torque management kicking in?
then its very intrusive . is there a way to program it out?
i did what i call a clutch test. punch it rolling in 5th at 20 mph and the car boggs
no clutch slip.
please advise
thanks
also the car is untouched stock. i heard torque management kicks in at abt 350 ft
lbs. but isn't that off the rear wheels and not the engine?

HI there,
I would say its torque management, and no, there is really no way to program it out.
It is there to prohibit excessive wear and shock on driveline components.
Sorry, but I would say that this is normal.
As long as no codes are stored, nor any check engine, or check ASB/TCS is shown.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

torque management

paul, i was under the impression that the guys that reprogram the computers can take out TM. am i wrong?

Hi there,
Attempting to reprogram out torque management is not something that I have heard of.
Some say that they have lessened it, however, every aftermarket reprogramming manufacturer, is telling me that they will not program it out.
Honestly, if this is true, what they are telling me, it must work, to lessen driveline stresses within the system. So that components are less likely to break.
Besttoall, c4c5:hb

paul, they have to leave some in i guess to keep the trans together under full throttle shifts,it retards the timing to kill the torque so they can use the same basic trans in the C-5 that they use in mrs clems 2000 impala. i am not sure what they do on the 6 speeds. happy easter to you and yours. see you at BG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom