Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 02 Corvette drains battery, and while driving flashes fuel low, service engine, check tires, radio shuts off, etc...

gdoggolf

Corvette
2002 Coupe
I have an 02 Coupe.
Problem #1) For the last 3 weeks it has been draining the battery when it is not driven daily, searched it to fuse #25 inside fuse box. (Body Control Module- Ignition1, Instrument Panel Control. Ordered new Battery, any ideas what that fuse goes to?

Problem#2) I was out driving my car when my car started beeping, and the information screen started flashing Serv. Eng. Soon, Tire Pres. Check, Active Handling Service, Radio wouldn't work, Windows would not go up, Fuel Low w/gauge saying it's empty, when I know it's full. I shut it the engine off, it will reset, but pass. window will not come up now. 2 miles down the road started all over again.

Any idea's where to start with either problem?

George

I have an 02 Coupe.
Problem #1) For the last 3 weeks it has been draining the battery when it is not driven daily, searched it to fuse #25 inside fuse box. (Body Control Module- Ignition1, Instrument Panel Control. Ordered new Battery, any ideas what that fuse goes to?

Problem#2) I was out driving my car when my car started beeping, and the information screen started flashing Serv. Eng. Soon, Tire Pres. Check, Active Handling Service, Radio wouldn't work, Windows would not go up, Fuel Low w/gauge saying it's empty, when I know it's full. I shut it the engine off, it will reset, but pass. window will not come up now. 2 miles down the road started all over again.

Any idea's where to start with either problem?

George

Have your battery properly load tested to see if it is good or not. If it is bad replace it. Make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight, and that you cannot twist them back and forth after tightening. That would be the first place to start. Clear all your codes, test drive and see what or if any codes come back.

Have your battery properly load tested to see if it is good or not. If it is bad replace it. Make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight, and that you cannot twist them back and forth after tightening. That would be the first place to start. Clear all your codes, test drive and see what or if any codes come back.

;) I had it load tested, Auto Zone says its bad, Battery is less then 3 years old. (I start it, and keep on a trickle charge all winter) I ordered a new AC Delco Replacement. Wouldn't the drain just continue to drain a new battery though?

Searching for answers that I can help understand.
Thank You I will take it to GM Service tomorrow.

George

;) I had it load tested, Auto Zone says its bad, Battery is less then 3 years old. (I start it, and keep on a trickle charge all winter) I ordered a new AC Delco Replacement. Wouldn't the drain just continue to drain a new battery though?

Searching for answers that I can help understand.
Thank You I will take it to GM Service tomorrow.

George

All computerized vehicle have a parasitic drain of between 30-75 ma which is normal to hold memory. Anything above that needs to be troubleshot. That is why RC (reserve capacity) is so important in choosing a battery, my '98 requires a 120 RC and your '02 may have a 110 RC rating, your owners manual will let you know for sure. Make sure that you install a battery that meets or exceeds the RC minimum for your vehicle. Also have your new battery load tested to be sure that it is good, I have seen a few bad brand new batteries.

Llc5

All computerized vehicle have a parasitic drain of between 30-75 ma which is normal to hold memory. Anything above that needs to be troubleshot. That is why RC (reserve capacity) is so important in choosing a battery, my '98 requires a 120 RC and your '02 may have a 110 RC rating, your owners manual will let you know for sure. Make sure that you install a battery that meets or exceeds the RC minimum for your vehicle. Also have your new battery load tested to be sure that it is good, I have seen a few bad brand new batteries.

I thank you I will most certainly check that out when I install the new battery today. I really appreciate your responses.

George

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom