Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'03 am fm cd oem...f/s

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
Anybody need a oem bose am fm cd player out of a 2003 AE with only 15,000 on the odometer...works with the GM 12-disc cd changer as well...fits C5's '97 through '04...I got one that is in excellent shape....you can replace that cassette player...make an offer....I will package it and ship it UPS insured for whatever the cost is to you...

As of 2-11-06 12:00 noon...this unit has been sold!

Thanks bossvette!!

How much?

Not being smart but put it on Ebay, its funny I have been looking for one to replace my Cassette. I have been outbid on the Corvette ones and bought one from a typhoon for $49.00 the color is a little off but its the same unit.
The ones from Corvettes all go for more then I want to spend, I can get a Pyle aftermarket from JC Whitney for $209 that will play MP3s and have been considering that also.
Best bet put it on Ebay, you will get what you want for it.

bossvette said:
Not being smart but put it on Ebay, its funny I have been looking for one to replace my Cassette. I have been outbid on the Corvette ones and bought one from a typhoon for $49.00 the color is a little off but its the same unit.
The ones from Corvettes all go for more then I want to spend, I can get a Pyle aftermarket from JC Whitney for $209 that will play MP3s and have been considering that also.
Best bet put it on Ebay, you will get what you want for it.

I may put it on ebay...just thought I would try here first seeing this forum is all C5 and someone may want one without looking at ebay....no big deal...thanks for the response anyway...

What did you put in its place? I have heard from just about everyone that the oem is the only unit that will sound decent in the c5 unless you replace all the wiring and speakers.

Stinger,

I just moved this thread over to the C5 Parts For Sale forum.

Too bad, I bought a CD head unit last Sunday from a guy on another site. Would've much rather bought it from a CAC member. Good Luck!

For an old guy like me thats worked in Manufacturing 40 years and can't hear the difference in sound quality like you young-uns I'm more interested in the convience of the CD up front, but would like MP3 playback ability so I am toying with the Idea of the Pyle unit. The selection of 1 1/2 DIN head units is not very big any thoughts would be appreciated.

Eric said:
Stinger,

I just moved this thread over to the C5 Parts For Sale forum.

Too bad, I bought a CD head unit last Sunday from a guy on another site. Would've much rather bought it from a CAC member. Good Luck!\

OOPS!! I never thought to list this part in that side of this forum....sorry!

bossvette said:
For an old guy like me thats worked in Manufacturing 40 years and can't hear the difference in sound quality like you young-uns I'm more interested in the convience of the CD up front, but would like MP3 playback ability so I am toying with the Idea of the Pyle unit. The selection of 1 1/2 DIN head units is not very big any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bossvette...

You may want to check out your idea with a Chevy dealer service tech as the late model C5's computer will not recognize many aftermarket units with the OEM Bose speakers...I am not sure about the earlier C5's...you may find that the 'new' radio will not work with out replacing everything....if thats the case...your budget may get "tilted"!!!!

Stinger!!

JoeMackin said:
What did you put in its place? I have heard from just about everyone that the oem is the only unit that will sound decent in the c5 unless you replace all the wiring and speakers.

I just recently bought this '03 AE coupe....it has the OEM cassette head with the cd changer option mounted in the trunk area....the previous owner had intended on changing this over but didn't and he gave it to me included with the sale... he informed me that it came out of another '03 that had minimal mileage time that went through a complete stereo conversion.

I think that was a mistake...personal opinion only ...anyhow...

The date stamp on the unit confirms it is a '03 unit...I am content with the cassette/cd changer option currently in my '03 and really don't need this cd head unit....so its for sale!

Would like to sell it to a fellow CAC member rather than doing the ebay thing....

Stinger sent you a PM. Have to get to work on my winter beater but will check back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom