Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'03 Cobra vs '02 Z06?

panzer said:
Geez are you writing your message from the slammer or what?:L

Lol... no it was a friend of a friend, they were not pleased that I did that much, they were expecting a stock GTP. It did earn me the "we're watching YOU from now on" look and a very angelic look with promise to never do it again on my part. It was also early Sunday morning, no traffic and almost perfect conditions (sunny, clear and very cool Canadian autumn conditions).

Honestly, I've only done it 2 times... the first time with another modded GTP going from Montreal to Ottawa... we were chasing a 1999 Porsche 911 convertible (as I recall it, he was actually chasing us!). Its only 120 miles, but we used almost 2 full tanks of gas that day... it was great!

Its no 'Vette, but for a 4-door family sedan it hauls quite nicely. When the Z06 does come in, its relegated to full time family status. I've decided to not do anymore speed mods to it, but I'll play with it now and then. I plan on giving it to my wife.

Jerry

Well the only speed mod you might consider is a better air intake system otherwise you are pretty set. I was walking through a aftermarket car accessory store yesterday and I could not find much to buy just a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter. My Z06 has everthing :)

panzer said:
Well the only speed mod you might consider is a better air intake system otherwise you are pretty set. I was walking through a aftermarket car accessory store yesterday and I could not find much to buy just a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter. My Z06 has everthing :)

You'll forgive me if I am a little green with envy. :t

I like my GTP, but I've had dreams of a 'Vette in my driveway since 1974. I think that if I had not made the radical change of moving from Montreal to Dallas, it would be there now, but since I did do it and for me its a very positive thing... it now has to wait a little longer. I now even discovered that Canada is not on the list for R8C deliveries... so thats another advantage for me!! :)

Jerry

Been hearing of some killer deals in Houston on vettes from a friend of mine down there. Been sayin he's seen 98s w/ fairly low milage for low/mid 20s. May not be what you want buying a used car, hell i dont blame ya lol.

And about the trading of the vette for a 'stang. Honestly, in the 91 ive got a hard time getting in/out more than anything lol. I'm not an outrageously huge guy 6'1 and 225 (dads about 6'1 and 200) but if i had to buy a car for comfort, a stang wouldn't be out of the question. I drove a friends 94 Cobra...and yeah, i've done my fair share of F.O.R.D. bashing, but i have to admit, its not a bad car. But, for performance...you can't beat the Vette. ZO6 is still kicking ass w/ (as my friend w/ a DOHC Cobra says) old ass pushrods...lol Oh well...just keep it rubber side down

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom