Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

03 Z06 Wheel Lugs?

Does anyone know for sure if GM stopped using the wheel lugs and plastic caps on the Z06's after 2002?

I have real lugs and I ordered new Chrome Z06 wheels. They sent me plastic covers for the lugs, but I don't have that type of lug. My only gripe is that their technician insisted that the lugs were changed. Is he right?
Thanks,
Gus

I don't know about other years but my '04 Z16 has real nuts.:D And they are chrome too! :L
That reminds me of a joke,
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing only underwear made of saran wrap.

The psychiatrist says, "Well... I can clearly see your nuts." ;LOL

Doug :beer

GusVette said:
Does anyone know for sure if GM stopped using the wheel lugs and plastic caps on the Z06's after 2002?

I have real lugs and I ordered new Chrome Z06 wheels. They sent me plastic covers for the lugs, but I don't have that type of lug. My only gripe is that their technician insisted that the lugs were changed. Is he right?
Thanks,
Gus

he's right. gm went to a lug nut that appears to have has a stainless steel covering crimped over the nut. i'm fairly sure it went into effect for the '03 corvette. a friend of mine has a '02 zo6 with plastic covers, another friend has an '03 z06 with stainless steel covered lug nuts. my 04 z06 has the same stainless steel covered lug nuts.

Hi GusVette -

GM went from grey plastic lug covers on dual-threaded lugs to chrome lugs in mid April 2002.

Early 2002's have the old style, wheil May and later cars (roughly) have the new style.

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn said:
Hi GusVette -

GM went from grey plastic lug covers on dual-threaded lugs to chrome lugs in mid April 2002.

Early 2002's have the old style, wheil May and later cars (roughly) have the new style.

best regards -

mqqn

What mqqn said. My Z is an early '02 and had the plastic caps on it when I had the stock wheels. I've seen a lot of later production '02s with chrome nuts.

GusVette said:
Thanks mqqn.

Hi GusVette -

My pleasure!

I happened to be in Bowling Green in May 2002 and toured the assembly plant. At that time I saw the big box of chrome lugnuts.

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom