Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

04 Coupe, Traction Control/Active Handling causes Cruise to disengage NO CODES?

Several years back with a 1998 C5, my wife and I got several DIC messages that something was wrong with the car but no codes were stored. It turned out to be the 'steering position sensor'. Once the SPS was replaced, the problems went away. Our 1998 was not an Active Handling car either.

The stealership determined that the throttle postion sensor died. Also, the previous owner tried tapping into its power supply[cut into it] for some unknown reason.Anyway, I'll be back to new again for $210 installed. Yeah I know-the part is probably about 40 or 50 bucks..Oh well i'm at least giving the auto industry a small boost!

210 is a good deal. i paid over 300. the part was 80. you have to take the whole steering colum out. took my stealership two and a half days to do it. count your blessings its only 200. if memory serves me correctly, i told you it would be the steering sensor

210 is a good deal. i paid over 300. the part was 80. you have to take the whole steering colum out. took my stealership two and a half days to do it. count your blessings its only 200. if memory serves me correctly, i told you it would be the steering sensor
Thanx for the insight-your memory aside-But- I'm told it was the throttle sensor not the steering sensor..

Cruise Control Past Issue Posts

Hi Bogs! Your posts about your cruise control prob are old, but I'm having an almost identical problem on my 2002 Lingenfelter convertible w/6-speed. Any new info since your posts? I think your idea about it happening on hot days has some merit. Please advise. Thanks, Kurt in Memphis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom