Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: '05 Steering Wheel

Decapod

Is it possible/practical to replace the steering wheel in a 2005 C6 with one from a 2006 or later model? If so, how difficult would this be, and what affect would this have on steering feel and/or handling?

Thanks,
Decapod

I would expect that the later steering wheels with the radio controls on the right spoke might not work on the 05 or at least the radio controls would not work. ???

Okay, thanks for the response.

I would probably get a wheel without the radio controls (although if I could somehow get one that would work the radio, that would be even better).

Decapod

Another thought, the 06 and newer auto Vettes have the 'paddle' shifters on the steering wheel also. If looking to replace your 05 steering wheel with a newer C6 model, look for one from a manual shift car.

Just a thought, but the 05 steering wheel is quite distinctive, and a one-year-only style. In contrast, the 06-and-up steering wheel is used in many other GM cars in addition to the corvette. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Just a thought, but the 05 steering wheel is quite distinctive, and a one-year-only style. In contrast, the 06-and-up steering wheel is used in many other GM cars in addition to the corvette. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I agree w/ya....someday guys might being looking for that distictiveness...I would leave it if were mine....just my opinion....best luck... :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom