Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

06 vs 07 Warranty

Jman

Corvette
Runs Like A Scalded Cat LT4 CE
I haven't been on this board in quite a while since I last sold my CE LT-4. I'm now looking at a new C6.

Is there ANY difference between an '06 and '07? I can see resale being a big difference (I only keep my cars 2-3 yrs).

Does the 100k warranty apply to '06's? I read something from a local Chevy dealer that they do for '06 but he may have been talking about the trucks.

What are used C6 Vertes roughly going for - what should I expect for two year depreciation?

Reliable's got a yella one new but I'd be open to a used one as well.

I haven't been on this board in quite a while since I last sold my CE LT-4. I'm now looking at a new C6.

Is there ANY difference between an '06 and '07? I can see resale being a big difference (I only keep my cars 2-3 yrs).

Does the 100k warranty apply to '06's? I read something from a local Chevy dealer that they do for '06 but he may have been talking about the trucks.

What are used C6 Vertes roughly going for - what should I expect for two year depreciation?

Just a note here regarding the warranty...I just purchased a '07 Coupe, the dealer had a '06 Coupe identical to the '07...'06 DID NOT include the 100,000 mile warranty...that is a fact! Actually, the '07 was only $1400 more $$ than the '06. They were identical except for the wheels...the '06 had polished aluminum and the '07 has chrome..so in reality, the'07 was really a better deal for the $$...go figure!! :crazy

As far as differences in these 2 model years, there are only three that I am aware of. The '07 offers radio controls in the steering wheel, you can get an optional two tone leather interior and if equipped with the 'ride control', the latest releases have the Z51 drilled rotors. Other than that there is know real diff. between the two years..typical Corvette fashion, minimal changes once the new design passes the first year. Good luck with your search and if you choose to buy used, compare the options to a new '07 and try to find one with the 3LT option pkg. (loaded version) and you may not find a lot of difference in pricing yet! :w

We were talking trucks when the warranty for the '06 came up so maybe it only applies to them.

I'm surprised steering wheel radio control doesn't come on the '06. I've got them on my Avalanche and wouldn't do without them. And from what you say, with it being late in the model year and the additional warranty, maybe an '07 is the way to go.

I'd like to find one before the end of the year.

Thanks for the input.

Check in Canton with Mr. Lewis

If you're in North Texas area, be sure to check out Mr. Lewis' offerings at Lewis Chevy in Canton! He really sells the Vettes, and at the best price in the Metroplex. Very honest, old-fashioned, business!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom