Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'06 Z06 vs. '06 M6

M6

Let's remember that the M6 is a luxury car with a 5 L mill.

Let's remember that the M6 is a luxury car with a 5 L mill.

Yep, and the lesson to be learned is don't let your $100k+ luxury boat anchor (I meant car:chuckle ) overload your A$$ when it comes to picking on something like the Z-06;).

:w
H.D.

M6

Yeah, I like the return to respectability now that Chevy has put real effort into the Vette and Z-06. The regular public still doesn't understand how domineering the Vette is these days.
BMW has never lost sight of thier engineering efforts and they pour it on in their top-end cars. It would be very unfunny for everyone else if they did a 7 L like they do thier present 5 L V-10.:ugh

^^ How much would that cost, $175K like the ultra-fast :rotfl Bentley continental GT that does 0-60 in a neck-snapping 4.6seconds;LOL

Yes they are luxury coupes, but come on.

btw, I did not bench race the m6 vs the z06...I just posted the link of the race that THEY organized and the zo6 finished.:chuckle

The Vette

Bentley,... apples & oranges.
I'm completely down with the Vette, don't get me wrong, I had a '69 w/ 427 (390 hp ) - it wasn't a ride, it was an event!

Anyway, I fully expect the greatest offensive operations to be directed against Vette enemy #1: anything with "cobra" on it, particularly the prototypes from the early '60's. :mad

The latest track times from the Nordschleife ( ya might be gettin' tired of hearing this from me... ) is 7 min, 43 sec for the Z-06, and 7 min, 42 sec for the custom build, micro-production ford GT - ya know, the one with the production-stopping,
do-not-drive recall for front suspension problems right out of the box? :W

How's the confrontation progressing these days?

Press on.

Bentley,... apples & oranges.
I'm completely down with the Vette, don't get me wrong, I had a '69 w/ 427 (390 hp ) - it wasn't a ride, it was an event!

Anyway, I fully expect the greatest offensive operations to be directed against Vette enemy #1: anything with "cobra" on it, particularly the prototypes from the early '60's. :mad

The latest track times from the Nordschleife ( ya might be gettin' tired of hearing this from me... ) is 7 min, 43 sec for the Z-06, and 7 min, 42 sec for the custom build, micro-production ford GT - ya know, the one with the production-stopping,
do-not-drive recall for front suspension problems right out of the box? :W

How's the confrontation progressing these days?

Press on.
If memory serves, the Z06 was measured from a standing start and not from a flying start.

Or was that "The Stig" on Top Gear?;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom