Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 08' Air Box - Halltech

Blue260

Corvette
2014 Lime Rock Green Metallic 3LT/ Z51 - 7 Speed
Does anyone know why there is an added or extra air box on the 08'. Is this why K&N doesn't have a filter yet.

Has anyone installed the Halltech Killer Bee AAIS system on their 08' - is it all what it claims to be?

Thanks,
chris

The 2008 uses an assy. like the C6 Z06, hence the changes.

I would call Callaway cars 860.434.9002 and buy a Honker for your car. Unmatched for gains in performance, hands down.

www.callawaycars.com

Could you explain more about the changes.

The box to the side that you see if for silencing the intake. Yes, I have a Halltech Killer Bee on my LS3, and I love it! It has not been dynoed so I am not sure of the actual hp gain, but I love the seat of the pants, and the sound. A very nice unit as far as I am concerned, and it fits....which can not be said of some of the others out there.

(snip)
buy a Honker for your car. Unmatched for gains in performance, hands down.

I'm researching intake kits for C6 and was wondering if you can supply any impartial test data which supports that claim?

I'm researching intake kits for C6 and was wondering if you can supply any impartial test data which supports that claim?

Hib, the last impatial data was by Vette Magazine against a "popular" airbox from the aftermarket. The Callaway Honker was clearly the winner. An interesting note, when the hood was closed (as one would do when they drive) the Honker numbers remained constant. The other airbox lost significant power.

Callaway Cars tested (read: bought and evaluated) all the popular brands and designs, finding their Honker was the clear winner. If there was a better design, it would have been far easier to just buy the other one vs. tool up for their own.

I hope this helps :cool

I would think that an aftermarket air cleaner would not be as benaficial on the 08 as it would be on a 07. The 08 looks like it would get all the air it could use as is.

I purchased the Callaway Honker and it will be the first item I install on my C6.

There are numerous time slips on other forums from folks who've run w/ VARARAM and a couple of other true cai's,WHICH DO ACTUALLY GIVE GAINS AT SPEED W/THE HOOD CLOSED unlike other so called CAI filters which turn out to be nothing more than a pretty,big filters.

I would think that an aftermarket air cleaner would not be as benaficial on the 08 as it would be on a 07. The 08 looks like it would get all the air it could use as is.

What's you rationale behind this opinion?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom