Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'08 C6 "What is it" (twice) and a question.

89Z51

Corvette
2008 Z06
I've been digging around the corners of my new toy ('08 Z06) and found a couple odd things - posting here because the items probably aren't unique to the Z06. Since I don't have my manuals yet, I've taken pics in hopes that someone can help identify the items. In the compartment under the passenger footwell with the interior fuses, I found what looks to be a cover from the back of a wire harness connector. It doesn't seem to belong anywhere I can see, unless it goes on the back side of one of the modules or under the dash somewhere. Anyone know where this belongs? Second, I have a pic of what looks to be a connector for some device. It was clipped on the edge of a panel in the same area. It looks to be part of the factory wire harness, but appears to have "non-factory" tape covering it. Anyone know what this connector is? Last, the fuses are all located in a block with a couple harness connectors attached. Is the block anything but fuses and relays or is there an electronic module of some sort integrated into it? I'm asking because a couple of the wire bundles connected to it are routed in an odd way and I'd like to straighten them out. I don't want to unplug anything electronic without knowing the proper procedure for doing so and understanding what might be affected. Thanks in advance!

000_0170.jpg

000_0173.jpg

Hi there,

The first picture is that of the BACK of one of the connectors that may go into either the BCM or another component. If you lift the BCM out, you may find that one of the connectors does NOT have that on it.

The second picture is of the communications splice connector. We use this to split up the communications line and install a data link tester isolation box to it and then ping each module individually to evaluate what module may have stopped working.

Allthebest, Paul

Unidentified components

Hi there,

The first picture is that of the BACK of one of the connectors that may go into either the BCM or another component. If you lift the BCM out, you may find that one of the connectors does NOT have that on it.

The second picture is of the communications splice connector. We use this to split up the communications line and install a data link tester isolation box to it and then ping each module individually to evaluate what module may have stopped working.

Allthebest, Paul

Thank you for the information. Looks like I'll need to do some further digging and see what I find.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom