Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1/4 mile times

Corvette
2004 z06
i just took my bone stock 04 to the track for the first time.
the best i could do was a 13.034 @ 108.8
what kind of e.t.'s and mph have you all ran ???????

note: 80 degree day full sun and alot of wheel spin......

Ok for the first time out... It takes a lot of practice to get these cars down the 1/4 mile in a realy good time and speed.. F1's are not the best tire to use for this but some and I have seen this can run them in the 11's.

Yep temps in the 80's will slow you down some , but still the car in stock form should run into the 12's.

Just keep at it you'll do fine, not sure if he has posted on this forum, but Ranger has some great tips on how to launch a Z06 with F1's. Read them and ask questions and I'm sure you'll be right there with them.

Good luck and most of all have fun...

Ernie

That is about all I got from my Z06 in stock trim. Of course the density altitude at my local track is generally about 6000 ft. I added drag radials and a Vararam and usually run 12.6 at 112MPH with those mods. My fastest is 12.42 at 113.XX. I have a couple of hundred passes at the strip, so I am not a rookie. A lot depends on the altitude, the track conditions, etc. A good 60' time is 1.8-1.9 seconds. I would bet that you had more like 2.1-2.2 seconds. A major limiting factor for you will be traction at launch.

Note my sig. for my car, mods, and 1/4 mile time

2000 Z28 Automatic

Now is the time to get out to the track... Cooler Temps = better times.. Just adjust for the cooler surface and you can run some good numbers.

Yep at a DA of 6000 ft I'm surprised the car would even make down the track LOL but with that kinda number your running great numbers...

Get the DA down around 300 ft or lower and watch the times drop.

Ernie

Hi seefivezeeohsix -

My best is a 12.8 @ 114 - 2.2 60' time. Street tires, cai, headers, tune.

Still working on that very low 12 that I know it can do.

best regards -

mqqn

I was up at the track this summer,, ran the 1/4 mile in 13.5 106mph..
All stock and automatic,,
v3-1.jpg
[/IMG]

03 Callaway Z06

This 03 Z06 was purchased by Callaway and used in developing there power groups for the C5. I purchased it from Callaway last year. It ran a 11.7 et @ 120 mph 1/4 mile at Englishtown NJ last October.:D

Isn't there an equation out there to adjust for altitude and guestimate what your ET and speed would be at sea level?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom