Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1 page out of a 82 Shopmanual.

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Hello,

I'm looking for somebody with a 82 GM Shopmanual. So not the Chilton and Haynes because what I'm looking for is not in there.
I'm looking for the page with the Transmission Converter Clutch (TCC) diagram(s) in them. In my 81 Shopmanual it's in chapter 7A called TCC Diagnosis.
If somebody could make a picture of the diagram(s) that would be great. I'm interested in the wiring from the ECM to the Transmission etc.
Thanks!

Greetings Peter.

Thanks for the page Jim,

I was looking for the TCC connections and still needed to connections to the ECM. With this link I found them. :)

I'm trying to figure out if its possible to connect a 81 ECM to a 700R4.
The 81 shopmanual shows in 81 an ECM also was connected to a 200R4 so with a little more research I'll know if its possible :)

Groeten Peter.

Thanks for the link Jim,

I got my auto lockup conversion kit from Bowtie and also asked them the question. They simply said no! But I wanna know why and even think it is even possible.
I checked the resistance (ohm) from the TCC connections to my 81 ECM so I know them. Wednesday I do the same with a body off from a friend of mine. If everything is the same it should be no problem to connect them. Both the 81 and 82 TCC wiring pages are about the same. Weird thing is that on the 81 TCC page the TCC connector should only have 2 wires but it has 3. That's why I want to find out if it's possible.

It's a great help to see the internal and external TCC wiring so I know they are about the same :)

Groeten Peter.

Problem is solved. Although the wiringharness of a 81 contains 3 wires for the lockup control of a 700R4, only 1 wires connect to a terminal from the ECM.
In a 82, 2 of the 3 wires connect to a terminal from the ECM so the 1 extra connection is for the 4th gear lockup. Well at least I know now for myself why it isn't possible :)

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom