Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

100+ Intake Manifold...

EricVonHa

Corvette
'93 6-Speed & '87 Callaway
As if we didn't talk about this enough already! :) It has been the discussion of numerous off-line conversations but at Carlisle it was discussed even further directly with Callaway. With their break-through into the C5 marketplace with various performance upgrade and cosmetic parts, it is hopeful that they'll take the time to design a new intake similar to the LT1 intake. This would allow extended breathing permitting higher rpm output and a much broader torque range. It was also discussed that this new product could involve removing the oversized GM HEI distributor and putting in a much smaller distributor so as to give the #7 and #8 cylinders uncompromised air-flow.

It doesn't seem too difficult to come up with a product because there are a few options out there already that can be reverse engineered to make the Callaway product even better (Holley Stealth ram & TPIS mini-ram) Nothing like doing something better by learning from everyone else's mistakes ;) Conceivably if the product is developed it could be geared towards a broad market. In other words, the TPI intakes of the Twin Turbo era are basically stock-ish GM TPI intakes which every C4 Vette has from '85 to '91. If Callaway were to develop this new manifold it could be marketed to every C4 owner and, of course, there would be special packaging and other parts required for the Twin Turbo 100+ package.

Me? I'd buy it just to get another 1500-2000 of useable torque without increasing the peak output of the motor!

Eric I was thinking about this today. I wonder how many sold orders it would take to have Callaway make another run of the 100+ manifolds?

SurfnSun said:
Eric I was thinking about this today. I wonder how many sold orders it would take to have Callaway make another run of the 100+ manifolds?

as we discussed this, the general consensusis to make a *new* design manifold if there is enough of an interest - A manifold that would take advantage of current knowledge and technology - the phrase "101 Plus package" was thrown out there - the idea was well received by those in attendance - This might be a more probable idea :upthumbs

So Im guessing they said the 100+ could be improved on with new technology? Did they say what the timeline would be to know whether or not something would be done?

The problem with a new intake is R&D which will drive the price up considerably. Id be happy with just a production run, in current design, made available to TT owners.

I was seriously considering a Holley Stealth intake project, but if Callaway can produce one, and put their name on it, I'm in.

I agree Sam, if I had any spare cash Id be throwing a stealth ram on my car. I think it would make crazy numbers on a b2k.

Id rather have the 100+ though as it looks like a factory piece with the Callaway logos on the modified chevy plenum.

If they make it, they have to promise to engrave the car # onto the manifold along with the Callaway name of course, and that would really make it a worth while investment.

A B2K with a 6500 rpm capability would ROCK !

So long as it remains a 350 ci, 6500 rpms would be no problem.

8388 said:
If they make it, they have to promise to engrave the car # onto the manifold along with the Callaway name of course, and that would really make it a worth while investment.

Serialization would be awesome on the new intake (and for little extra cost)

As I had mentioned that night, Callaway produced & designed products carry a "value added" feature that you will NOT get with a *hyperram* or whatever else is on the market - It is stuff engineered, tested & produced by the car manufacturer - not be a *mod*, rather an upgrade :upthumbs

I'd go for one, extra rpm range is all the '90 TT needs.
Taylor

SurfnSun said:

It's a no brainer for Callaway to develop this... it would be a slam dunk. There are very few products out there that increase the driveability of the L98 motor. They'd see a return on investment in a short period of time without a doubt! This is, of course, with designing the manifold to cater to the standard C4, Camaro, TransAm and basically everything that ever had an L98 motor in it.

I like the ideas about serialization and custom identification for the TT's too!

EricVonHa said:
It's a no brainer for Callaway to develop this... it would be a slam dunk.

I like the ideas about serialization and custom identification for the TT's too!

I agree with Eric - An evolutionary product created / designed by the folks that brought us B2K's in the first place :upthumbs

serialization is key for B2K owners :beer

88 TT 100+ HP MANIFOLD

I'D ORDER ONE RIGHT NOW DOES AYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A UNIT RIGHT NOW FINDERS FEE!!

100 + manifold

I doubt you will find the manifold as it was part of a kit that was in the ballpark of $11000 for the upgrade . It was more than just a manifold cam was changed rods heads ect .

100+

thanks for the clarification silly me i thought this magical manifold added 100hp i guess that conv tt 100+ car that was on callaways site was a bargain at 30k if it only had a stick !

Here is some of what I had posted a few months ago about the 100+ package content :)

FWIW, the price of that 88-120 does seem very tempting, all things considered...

The Callaway "100 Plus" (Horsepower) option content is a rare & powerful option that was only installed on a select few B2K's.
This Option added 100 horsepower to the already amazing power ratings they left Old Lyme with.
The option consisted of a wide range of enhancements which all worked as a system to upgrade the entire engine and the results speak for themselves :)

Option content is as follows:

*Intake Manifold
(custom intake/plenum assembly)
*Fuel Rails
(high flow/high capacity rails)
*Fuel Pressure Regulator
(modified reg. for the addl. volume)
*Fuel Rail Tubing
(SS tubing)
*Throttle Body
(ported 52mm TB)
*Cylinder Heads
(custom high flow cyl. heads)
*Cam Shaft
(Cam shaft ground to Callaway specific specs)
*EGR Block off plate
*ECM Chip
(Custom calibrated mem cal. )

****************These parts were sold for specific use as a package - for fitment and technical questions, please contact Callaway Cars for additional information.***************

Currently, An 88 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette is for sale with these components fitted. It is advertised on the Callaway cars website at: http://www.callawaycars.com/Carsforsale/tt88120.htm

and the following is a pic of the "100 plus" package installed - note: the intake of course is the most obvious sign that this option has been installed however, the other components listed above were included in the package and would be present :m

Hope this helps :)

88 100+

can you send that link again it did'nt work thank you

Re: 88 100+

fastdaddy said:
can you send that link again it did'nt work thank you

Looks like that car (88-120) was removed from the "sale page"

I know that Magic Dragon has more info on this specific car - He is generally in here - M-F ;)
Hopefully he can answer any ?'s for you - Hope this helps :m

OK, so you fix airflow and extend the RPM range. So where will the weakest link move to next, the Clutch, Tranny, Rear End, the exhaust, and/or (Not meant to be last....) the Brakes. Will you need a parachute? or a sidewinder missle & launcher to clear the path?

Remember the vehicle is a system.

I would like to say I would be in too :D At least my car already has been internally upgraded so I would forgo that cost.

Has anyone asked them what the price-point/initial commitment would be?

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom