Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

100+ Intake Manifold...

TurboLuigi said:
Has anyone asked them what the price-point/initial commitment would be?

-Luigi
:cool

I think Pete is exploring the options as we speak ;):Steer

8388 said:
I was seriously considering a Holley Stealth intake project, but if Callaway can produce one, and put their name on it, I'm in.
Sam - this is key :upthumbs

Callaway upgrades over time will be priceless :D

Callaway4fun - any word on this recently?? I know you were hoping for a positive answer :confused

100+ Manifold

The intake is dificult to make it is 16 different pieces that have to be welded together. Callaway does not want to sell the 100+ manifold seperately.After a long discussion with Reeves over the manifolds. The problem the internals must be upgraded the fuel delivery system heads cam rockers ect. It is not a simple bolt on manifold . It was designed as a kit . Callaway is afraid that if the manifolds were sold seperately there might be a few motors that will grenade. And the last thing they want is cars blowing motors. I can get the kits made but I have to have several buyers lined up in order for them to produce the kit again.So if you are interested in the 100+ kit let me know the more people the cheaper the price will be . As you know I worked hard to get the wonderbars made something that others thought would never be done again. The wonderbars are part of the 100+ upgrade. Well I am going to get my wonderbar and some other mods done shortly Support Callaway and they will support us. This is KEY......
*89x2* said:
Sam - this is key :upthumbs

Callaway upgrades over time will be priceless :D

Callaway4fun - any word on this recently?? I know you were hoping for a positive answer :confused

So you get a bottom end rebuild with the 100+? I believe the 100+ was like 8-10k wasn't it? That would easily make it worth the price of admission.

Without changing the turbos that come on the car, puttiing on the 100+ manifold would be a waste of time. The same hp would be gained with inlarged runners,ported heads-cam,ect. The turbos on the car will not make much power above 5000 rpm because they are too small.I have a mini-ram 58mm throttle body,ported heads cam -the engine will rev to over 6500 rpm but the power will not go above 480 rwheel hp because the stock turbos can't move enough air. Sure , with the manifold you could add 100 hp to your car, but you could add the same hp with cam heads ect and not change the stock look of the engine.

tkhe

Hey Turbocat do you have the upgrade wonderbar?That is a key part in wanting to increase horsepower.The plenum on our car was designed for a 305 not a 350 . The runner lenght is to long to allow for high revs. All of the other intakes superram miniram stealthram all shorten the runner lenght it allows the engines to rev higher.Also it creates a lean condition in I believe #8 cylinder That is why the 100+ plenum is enlarged to allow more flow and higher revs.The problem with these cars is air flow.the more air we flow the more power we will make.

yes I have the enlarged wonderbar.on my dyno graph hp peaked at 5000 rpm and was flat to 6500. You are right -the problem with these cars is air flow and the major restriction is the turbos. My engine has been run to near 7500 rpm with no problems-but the turbos will not move enough air to increase hp ,so you are just heating the air more and overtaxing the intercoolers. Re-reading your post ,maybe you did'nt understand that I have a miniram on my tt Callaway, so I know about the short runners and air flow.

Yes yours is one of two Callaways that I know of with the miniram setup.The other car is #10 1989 and that has the front mounted intercooler system.I thought of putting the miniram on mine but Callaway would not do the mod.

Pete, what was Callaway's reasoning for not doing the mod? Will they not do the front mounted intercooler setup anymore?

If I could have anyone thing done to my car it would be the front mounted intercoolersw/ hood exit and a miniram.

Josh in speaking with them they would do the front mounted intercoolers but R&D would be costly in adding a miniram to the car they will not just slap parts together . They want to build a Quality product and will stand by it .So the key to mods is R&D and that is costly.

I can understand that. I guess my thought is R&D was already done on #10. Can't they just replicate the plans on that car. It should actually bring the cost down, I would think. Cost on the #10 work was ~$125k!!!!!

The data from #10 is not available . So new data would have to be gotten.Also the mods on #10 were done in two stages. The front intercoolers were done in the second stage.

Ouch! that really sucks...how did the lose the data on such a big project?

Turbocat, do know what were the specs on the camshaft you were using ? Also what compression ratio are you running ?

With the proper camshaft, wonderbar, intake, and at least 8 to 1 comp. the stock turbos should be good for at least 550 hp. *Emphasis* on proper tunning.

Many make the mistake and run too much overlap on the camshaft profile, and end up blowing the air right out the exhaust, before a full compression stroke.

I'm not saying this is the case with your engine, but selecting the right camshaft for a turbo combination is almost an art.

Sam.

cam is 218-228 114lsa. You are right,I am making 480-500 rw hp , so at the crank it is in excess of 550. Oh yea, 7.5 to 1 compression.

I have actually found a better camshaft, with less over lap. Bump your compression to 9:1 and you'll make another 60 to 80 hp easily without changing a thing.

Anyone have dimensions of Stealth Ram?

Does anyone out there have the front and rear height, and over-all width measurements for the Stealth Ram? I don't know how high it is , compared to the original 100+ intakes. I do know that they started life as a Wieand Dual Four BBl Hi Rise base, heavily modified and cut down. The intakes were modified to have a water passage under the bottom, connecting the front and rear water crossovers in the heads. Bungs were welded to the runners for the injectors (no manifolds had these cast in then) and a speacial top box or plenum was fashioned out of billet plate and welded to the base. Needless to say, after all this welding, each manifold had to undergo extensive machining to get the flanges flat again and straight.

The max height of the original units was 8 1/4" at front of plenum, 9 1/4" at rear, and 6 3/4" wide. Don't know what the SR measures.

This stealth ram is measured with a tapemeasure so not very specif, height from back 9.5", front 9". Upper plenum 6.25" wide.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom