Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

100mph ???????

I've seen the speedo in my 81 against the 85 mark many times, but not pushed it too hard. It seems even with the stock drive train (for now) it sure likes to run at that end of the speedo. I really need to get the 145 or 165 speedo when I start the engine/trans swap!!!

I really need to get the 145 or 165 speedo when I start the engine/trans swap!!!
That's what did it for me. I got the 145 unit from RedLine Gauges. The 165 looked too cramped on the dial and from what I've been told, the more numbers there are, the less accurate the speedo is, at least on the older ones. True or not, I don't know.
Since I rarely reach beyond the 145 mark, I chose the 145 speedo since it just looks cleaner for everyday use. As well, should I get beyond 145, I'm gonna have the GPS giving me actual speed anways... :)

That's what did it for me. I got the 145 unit from RedLine Gauges... :)

Hey Andre,

Sounds cool... Would you post a pic? I believe others in here would be interested in checking it out.

Ralph

Here is a picture of the Redline Speedometer I installed in Rare a few years ago ;)

Oh, and the fasted Rare has been is around 120 on I-80 in Wyoming, and there wasn't much left in the old girl, maybe a few mph but not much..

Click on the attached picture, it is just a little big for the text area, not real big, but I hate to have to scroll back and forth to see a picture and read the text :D

Bud

On a long deserted highway the speed up to say 90 is a little noisey from the wind and road noise, after 100 the car seems to levitate and most of the sound dies off execpt for the roar of the engine and the feeling or the streeting wheel is light and crisp. As said the only thing missing is another gear to shift up to. After 125 it's almost like flying cause all your attention is focused on the road and guages.

I want to put these in my corvette.
EDIT: Just found this gem on the manufacture's website.

*they say the speedo is accurate up to 200mph but seeing as its a 3 digit digital display there is no reason it couldn't go to 999.
Stepho, there have been a few posts in the past about the Nordskog gauges. Here's a list of search results. That list is not the only threads on the forum here, as there was one from just a couple months ago. From what I can recall, people have had problems with them. (But i don't want to say for sure until I find the thread I'm thinking of...)

Stepho, there have been a few posts in the past about the Nordskog gauges. Here's a list of search results. That list is not the only threads on the forum here, as there was one from just a couple months ago. From what I can recall, people have had problems with them. (But i don't want to say for sure until I find the thread I'm thinking of...)
Here's the thread...CLICK!

Somewhere I have a video someone took from the back seat of my Maserati (legs and fishnets are in the video) with the speedo pushed past 170MPH screaming toward Vegas.

I've had my speedo checked in my '69, it's pretty dead on and I've seen it above 150MPH. :eek:hnoes

Somewhere I have a video someone took from the back seat of my Maserati (legs and fishnets are in the video) with the speedo pushed past 170MPH screaming toward Vegas.
Boy, wouldn't that have been awkward! A cop pulls you over for doing 170 and sees you wearing fishnets!?! Ah well, whatever happened in Vegas stays there... :D

Good thing I have nice legs!

I saw about 112, took 12.7 seconds to get there according to the time slip, she was still pulling VERY hard, but after the traps there is nowhere to go :(

Here's the thread...CLICK!

Thanks for that! Seems like the Nordskog brand gauges were alright except for the battery charging issue. I think I can avoid that, and I have a good general everything mechanical/electrical surplus place I can get voltage suppressors at.

Interesting note; it keeps track of top speeds, 1/4 mile times, and 0-60 times!

I saw about 112, took 12.7 seconds to get there according to the time slip, she was still pulling VERY hard, but after the traps there is nowhere to go :(
Dayum!:thumb You're pushing about 375-400HP or ft/lbs. at the crank? Or you have 4.xx rear gearing...

Thanks Evolution, she has 3.55's, and 255/60 BFG radials, it was a fun night.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom