Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

12 Changer CD Install - help please

UKragtop

Corvette
2003 Yellow Z06
Owning a Corvette in the UK can throw up the odd challenge. Today’s problem centers on the factory radio unit. The US spec unit is notorious for not picking up UK radio stations. The Euro spec radio works fine but generally comes with the 12 changer CD which, of course, is not factory installed on the Z06.

I have acquired a factory Euro radio and 12 changer which I want to fit into my 2003 Z06. Am I correct in saying the following?

1. The factory did not install the body wiring harness to the CD changer when it was not required.
2. In order to connect up the 12 changer, a Cor-Har wiring harness is needed which runs from the CD changer to the passenger foot well fuse box.
3. The Cor-Har then plugs into 3-way and 4-way connectors in the fuse box area.

Here is my problem – I am having difficulty in locating the 3-way and 4- way connectors in the fuse box area - my instructions say that one is taped to the wiring harness and the other is clipped to the metal bracket above the fuse box. Well, I’ve looked and can’t see them and I’m reluctant to poke around too much in that area for fear of disturbing something crucial.

Can anyone tell me exactly where these connectors are? If anyone could give me a clue to the colours of the wiring that could help me trace them. Photos would be even better.

Many thanks

Tim - many thanks for your reponse. I posted this on three different forums and you are the first to reply. I guess no-one knows where the connectors are. After digging round some more I found them but it's no wonder I missed them first time.

My next question is " does shoving a great big metal screwdriver into your fuse box and stirring it around a bit so that it causes sparks and flames to shoot out cause any permanent damage?"

My next question is " does shoving a great big metal screwdriver into your fuse box and stirring it around a bit so that it causes sparks and flames to shoot out cause any permanent damage?"
nothing money can't fix:L

What are you welding in that area for ;shrug

Bill :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom