Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

16 or 17" rims on 76 Corvette?

F

fasterthanu

Can you get 16" or the new vettes 17" rims on a 76 corvette without any modifications? If no, what do I need to do to make them fit?

I've got 17x8 Torq Thrust II's and 255/50/17 tires on my 76. They fit fine with no rubbing.

Thats a high sidewall for 17's!

Actually, it comes to the exact same diameter that my 255/60/15's did. It really fills up the fenderwell, yet doesn't rub.

Check out this website, he has the exact same wheel/tire combo that I have (except that my wheels have polished centers)

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/zwede/

Do they fit WITHOUT the spacers? I definently don't want spacers again.

Yep, no spacers. They bolt right up.

im running boyd starburst 17x8 and 17x9.5 with 255/50/17 on the fronts and 275/50/17 on the rears nitto nt-450's.

17's hold the road alot better? patsnitrovette, hows the traction for ya? I have a serious traction problem right now with my BFGoodrich 255/60/15. I figured 50's would help out a bit...

Do you by chance have a pictures of these wheel/tire combo? I go to his website, just boxes with little red x's. If you do, can ya post them here, or e-mail me at vidguru@wideopenwest.com Thank you

Thumper said:
Actually, it comes to the exact same diameter that my 255/60/15's did. It really fills up the fenderwell, yet doesn't rub.

Check out this website, he has the exact same wheel/tire combo that I have (except that my wheels have polished centers)

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/zwede/

Faster,i havent had a chance to really lay into it yet,ive been doing fiberglass work to the new flares and just finishing up this week,plus i got the front brakes apart waiting for calipers and rotors,but it definitely felt better handling wise.Stiffer yes but no more sway compared to the 275/60/15's.

Thumper said:
I've got 17x8 Torq Thrust II's and 255/50/17 tires on my 76. They fit fine with no rubbing.

Thumper,

What's your offset on these rims? As I recall stock is 4 inches and suspect that because you still have 8 inch width that you are still running a 4 inch offset.

My plan is to go with the 16 x 8.

Bob

fasterthanu said:
Do you by chance have a pictures of these wheel/tire combo? I go to his website, just boxes with little red x's. If you do, can ya post them here, or e-mail me at vidguru@wideopenwest.com Thank you
Most of the pics went away when I ditched comcast. This is the only pic still up:

vetfrnt1.jpg

I'm running 4" of offset. The only thing that really changed was the diameter of the rims. Everything else still takes up the same amount of space as the 15" wheel/tires that I had on there before.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom