Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

17x11 on GS

larryfs

did they do anything to the rear GS to make the 17x11's fit? or can they be put on any 96?

Did they widen the body in the rear or anything like that?

thx
Larry
who is thinking of buying wider wheels for the 96

315s

the fellas at gm design just tacked on some fender flares over the rear wheel wells to cover the 315s - because yes, they stick out.....

only the Z came from the factory with the wider body to completely house the 315s...

There are two different offsets for the GS and the ZR1 rear wheels... The GS wheels barely stick out, while a set of ZR1 wheels would stick way out... chevy actually attached the first few GS's rear fender flares with double sided tape for owners who may not like them... this is because the car actually looks ok without the flares, even with the big tires... If you decide on the bigger rear wheels on a stock vette, get the GS offset wheels.

If you do get the 315's, slap a pair of fender flares on the car. Take my word for it, they are :cool!

And I believe only the first 5 GS's had the flares taped on. The rest where bolted on.

Jason

Slap a pair of fender flares on the car.

twiget said:
If you do get the 315's, slap a pair of fender flares on the car. Take my word for it, they are :cool!

And I believe only the first 5 GS's had the flares taped on. The rest where bolted on.

Jason

They'll help your Vette l@@k more like an SUV :L:L:L.

Re: Slap a pair of fender flares on the car.

6 Shooter said:
They'll help your Vette l@@k more like an SUV :L:L:L.

Oooh, thems' fightin' words!!!:L Good thing I like you 6 Shooter.:D

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom