Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

17x11 rims

calawyclif

Corvette
89-056 red aerobody TT
Does anyone have any pictures or info of 17x11 rims on a 1989 corvette. I want to put a wide tire like a zr1 on my corvette. My cousin has a low mile zr1 pristine condition and I just love the fat tires but am not sure if they will look good on my 1989. I think the tire will stick out past the fender a little if I am not mistaken. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The 11" wheels will stick out from the sides of the car. The ZR-1 rear end was 3" wider than a non-ZR-1 C4.

:thumb Jason

Look for 11" wheels with 50mm offset like the '96 Grand Sport has. They almost completely fit under the fenders. Then you can have those big 315/35/17 tires and everything will work well together.

The ZR1 wheels had 36mm offset will will stick out some. I used ZR1 wheels on my '92 and added the GS flares and splash guards to help cover them. If you get the ZR1 wheels, try to find some GS flares to put on the car.

Look for 11" wheels with 50mm offset like the '96 Grand Sport has. They almost completely fit under the fenders. Then you can have those big 315/35/17 tires and everything will work well together.

The Grand Sport offset with 315's looks fantastic :thumb

Here is the 50 mm off set with the 315 G Force tires on my 89.

Duragloss075.jpg

Hi all, thanx for the response...I kind of new they were going to stick out a little bit..they are 56mm offset 17x11 fiske wheels off a zr1. I was just curious if they look bad sticking out like that and would the gran sport lip look good and really cover the tire?? Any photos or were I can try to locate some photos would be cool....I guess I could go try them on...LOL. Thanx again.

Here is mine with the GS offset.

paint009.jpg

The ZR1 rims will stick out. The GS fender lips are very hard to find and if you do find them they're usually pretty pricey.

What concerns me here is that wheels from a ZR1 that are not factory ZR1 wheels may not have the factory offset - it appears that we're looking at Fiske aftermarket wheels with a 56mm offset and not factory wheels.

If that is the case, they ought to fit just fine.

The offset controls whether the wheel/tire sticks out or not.
The standard front wheel on a ZR1 should have 56mm offset while the 11" rear wheel should have 36mm offset.
The standard wheels on an '89 should have 56mm offset.
The 11" rear wheel on the '96 GS had 50mm offset - this allows the GS wheel to fit farther under the fender of a standard C4.

Since the wheels in question are not factory wheels for a ZR1. we can't say whether they will stick out or not. If they are 56mm offset, then they will fit under the car even farther than the GS wheels and there may be clearance issues on the inside.

This may not be of assistance to you, but this is a 92 with ZR1 wheels with 50mm offset, and G Force tires.
Racerwith11x17front017.jpg

Racerwith11x17front015.jpg

Hi guys, thanx for all the responses....the wheels are 56mm front and rear...they were ordered wrong..they will not fit my cousins zr1...so he is willing to sell them to me pretty cheap...thanx for all the photos the last one from z07 is perfect..I am guessing with the 56mm offset the tires should still stick out a little bit but even less than the 50mm offset on z07's car. I will decide over the weekend to pull the trigger or not, great looking wheels..thats why the big headache ( LOL )..going with goodyear or vredestein tires ( i love the tread desing ) Also found the GS flares for $500 unpainted but not sure how they will look...anyone try these on their car that is not GS owner??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom