Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

18" wheels

00fxd

Corvette
'65 Convertable
It's a slow day so I thouught that I would try posting some pics of my new wheels and kdw2 bfg's.

Gee, that worked.......
The wheels are coys, Notice that they have "Hidden" valve stems. You remove small cap and screw on a fitting to check and fill. Not a big feature for me.
I could have bought polished for the same price but I wanted painted [powder coated] spokes. I would have perferred black spokes but they only offer "gunmetal".

Gee, that worked.......
The wheels are coys, Notice that they have "Hidden" valve stems. You remove small cap and screw on a fitting to check and fill.
I could have bought polished for the same price but I wanted painted [powder coated] spokes. I would have perferred black spockes but they only offer "gunmetal".
I was looking at those before I decide to go with Boyd Coddington....those look sweet as well.....I went with 18" in the rear and 17" in the front....

IMG_5723s-vi.jpg

I am going to lower the rear 1 inch and trying to decide if I want to lower the front 1 more inch as well. Right now I have it set up at the mid point of adjustment (Myers front and rear).

Good choice on your wheels....they look great.....

regards, Herb

Thanks Herb. A definate improvement in handleing which is important to me.

I have it on good authority that Frank's wheels & tires look even better in person! :)

-Mac

It's a slow day so I thouught that I would try posting some pics of my new wheels and kdw2 bfg's.

They look great, I wish I could get something simular for my 62 as of love the look of the retro style oversized wheels on a midyear or a straight axle.

Great choice may the serve you well

Hi Larry
http://www.coyswheel.com/
There are many sources of wheels for the later offsets. Coys are one of the few that cater to the earlier offsets, like coddington. A buddy of mine just bought a set of new chrome wheels for his late model z06 from ebay for under 1k.

Hi Larry
http://www.coyswheel.com/
There are many sources of wheels for the later offsets. Coys are one of the few that cater to the earlier offsets, like coddington. A buddy of mine just bought a set of new chrome wheels for his late model z06 from ebay for under 1k.

Thanks for the link I will call them today, I am also going to put up a link on the C5 forum to get some other wheel manufacturors sites

I am looking for a C5 wheel that looks retro like your new one. I think they will be more fitting to my cars Design.

Thanks for the link I will call them today, I am also going to put up a link on the C5 forum to get some other wheel manufacturors sites

I am looking for a C5 wheel that looks retro like your new one. I think they will be more fitting to my cars Design.
suggest that you check out http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/ you can get many different kinds of wheels with different offsets and such....not a big deal to find wheels like you want, they just might be more costly....good luck.....

Well I called them today and they have nothing for me. I will keep looking
did you call newstalgia? guys over at the corvette forums are getting custom wheels all the time. you have stock c5 corvette wheels. You just need the right width and with the right offset.

http://www.hrewheels.com/home/

These guys have wheels that will fit the stock C5 size and offset...BUT, they are EXPENSIVE!!!! But they are really nice wheels.......

447R_lrg_a.jpg

just a sample of what they offer....but these are the nicest C5wheels that I have seen (they have a huge variety of styles), but they are also BIG $$$$

Again, you have stock offsets from the C5 right? They are out there....now you may not like them....that might be the case.....because everyone likes their own style....but check them out. Also check out http://www.iforged.com/v3/main.php iForged also have some pretty nice wheels for the C5.....

good luck....but bring your 401K...they are not cheap....I know the wheels and tire package I bought for my Z06 was over $5k....thats the kind of money that these wheels and tire packages will cost.....the HRE's are even more, like around $7k or so....

Herb

Forged 2 and 3 piece supper light weight wheels are right up there price wise, but they sure are nice. Gets rid of a ton of unsprung weight.

I guess what I am looking for I wont find in an off the shelf wheel.

I am looking for an retro style wheel like he just put on his car, But I dont want to have them custom built for $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 a peice Plus nuts and caps and shipping.

I just cant spend that much on a set of wheels yet. So call me cheap but I will continue to look for an off the shelf wheel

I guess what I am looking for I wont find in an off the shelf wheel.

I am looking for an retro style wheel like he just put on his car, But I dont want to have them custom built for $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 a peice Plus nuts and caps and shipping.

I just cant spend that much on a set of wheels yet. So call me cheap but I will continue to look for an off the shelf wheel
hope you find something...the only other thing I can think of is the C5 Z06 style chrome wheel. they make it in stock C5 offsets...you can get a chrome set for under $800 or so.....check out ebay under z06 wheel

one more thing....go check out Boyd Coddington wheel web site....you can get what ever you want in pretty much most any offset....then after you know what you want go to www.newstalgia.com and find out what they would charge you. The wheels from them are discounted off of list and you could get a set for around $1200 or so.....then you might find a retro wheel that you are looking for....
Herb

Looks great. (both cars)

Herb,

Looks to me like you could go down another inch in front and 2 in back. There is a lot of air between the top of the rear tire and the bottom of the wheel opening.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom