Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1957 corvette fuel injection 283/283

J

jcsmith

Just wanted to introduce my car and join in the technical discussion when I can.

Welcome

Welcome JCSmith,

Good to have another Michigan Chapter member on board. I would like to see a picture and hear more about your '57.

Tom

Thank you for the welcome. I do not have a scanner as yet as we are fairly new computer owners but my car is red with beige coves and new red interior. It has a white rag top and we also have the hardtop. We drive it all over. Last year we took it to the Classic Chevy International meet in Columbus, Ohio and it placed 919 out of 1000. WE LOVE IT!!!Some day we want to have it judged ny NCRS just to see where it stands. We want to continue to drive it though so we don't want it too perfect.!!! Thanks again for the welcome. Talk later.

Sounds beautiful. John says that the Michigan chapter may be taking a road trip to the Corvette Classics Museum in Ft. Wayne this summer. Maybe I'll have the chance to see your car in person.

Tom

We are definitely going to try to make the trip to Ft. Wayne with the club. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Your neat driver

Welcome JC,
I have had 55 Corvettes in my lifetime and seven of them were 57's. Four of those were fuel injected cars which, I believe, is where Hot Rodding started.

One of my 57's was an old drag race car that had a 427 alum. head L-88 motor in it when raced. That car ran in 10's with a trap speed over 130mph. When I bought it in 1973, the engine was out but it came with a fresh 327/350hp 67 engine. I bolted that up to an old T-10 4, speed .......added a 4:11 posi and a #4520 injection unit with a 905 distributor and away we went.

My wife had a NEW 77 Corvette when I met her with my 57. We drove all over in the old car as I thought the automatic air conditioned cruizer was not a real Corvette as all "real' Corvettes had trunks, 4 manual gears and loud pipes !!

Let me know about your car. I did a number of NCRS cars over the years including my last 57 Fuel Injected red / red car. Perhaps I can give you a hand if you have any questions.
Regards,
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom