Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 Corvette Wiring Harnesses

VetteFreak101

Corvette
1961 Corvette, 1989 Corvette
Its time to finally start wiring the beast. It is a 1961 Corvette with a 4 speed in it. Can anyone tell me the best place to buy all new harnesses? I need everything from the front to the back of the car.

Thanks!

First go to Doc Rebuild and get the color wiring guide:

DocRebuild's OOSOEZ Wiring Guides

You will love the layout, it makes things a lot easier to work with.

Now for the harness:

I ordered mine from Willcox. It is broken down in sections, depending on your options: Standard trans, Auto Trans, Power windows, power top, etc. It is a Lectric Limited harness. It was an easy replacement since it seems to be an exact duplicate of the original. Willcox has a Forum Special if you are a member of Corvette Forum. You can also get them direct from Lectric Limited.

Willcox Corvette, Inc. - Parts, Restoration, Help - "When you're not the biggest, You try harder"

CLASSIC & MUSCLE CAR WIRING HARNESSES and ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS

I also have heard good things about M&H:

Reproduction Wiring Harnesses for America's Muscle Cars

Just take your time and replace one section at a time, I think I started with the Headlight Harness.

To make your car safer if you are feeling adventurous try talking to this guy:

MadElectrical.com - Electrical Tech

I called him after looking over his website, he was more than happy to help me make a few decisions on my rewire. Lots of great ideas to update/upgrade that old wiring system to use a modern alternator, fusible links, and more, especially if you want to put in an A/C , Electric Fan, etc.

You have the source for the wiring harness so I won't talk to that. A friend of mine who is very detailed (not a car guy, but a wires guy) replaced every wire in my 62 a few years back. Did an awesome job! There is no question in my mine that what made this all work so well was his "bench" work. On the work bench he tagged/labeled every wire in the harness. EVERY wire! Long before he attacked the car and pulled out the old wires. Once this was done the only challenge was the tight area under the dash to get this stuff in. But with the labels, we never got lost! Just some advice!

Hal

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom