Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 technical stuff

soft top/hard top

Thanks for the clarification.It must seem amazing for us today to realize the trivial cost difference-even in 1961 dollars- that was required to have both tops--when you see the prices of restored hard tops, a restorable softtop,etc. Of course, this is a reflection of the keen collectible nature of these cars today. Harland

I bought a 68 last august that only had a hard top, I am piecing together a soft top for it now, surprising how many parts on one. ;LOL
I bought a frame on Ebay and it was only that with no hardware, hopefully my call to paragon tech tomorrow will tie up any loose ends.

soft top parts

I have dealt with a highly reliable man named Joe with R.A.R.E. parts in CA who has lots of special parts for sale. Not cheap, but this is scarse stuff. If you can't locate him, email me and I will search my paperwork. harland

CA Joe

Joe is very knowledgeable and reasonable in view of parts rarity. I recommend him for parts. Harland

Vin Tag 107512

A picture of 107512`s tag.

car_20867S100000SM43c549292d256

vulnerable VIN plate

Thanks for the closeup. I can see why so many 61 Corvettes lost their precious stainless plates-the corners appear to be slightly raised from the curved steering column. I believe I will try-if possible-to create some bend in the repro tag from A G Backeast before we epoxy it on. Maybe in a restored car there won't be great risk of rough treatment jarring it loose, but just in case. thanks. --swell ride you have there, like the wire wheels. Harland

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom