Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1962 front springs

bg725

Corvette
1962 Roman Red roadster
Does anyone know if C2 springs will work in a C1. I have a 1962 that had the front springs cut down to lower the front end. I'm putting new springs in to get the front end where it belongs. I purchased the springs from Summit Racing, they are Moog 5762, Summit lists them for 1962-1968 Corvettes but after doing some research I'm not so sure that these will fit. The information I can find on the springs is that the are for 1963-1982, even the Moog site claims that. Anyone have any advise?

I would be interested to see the measurements of those springs when you get them. Some replacement springs are too tall installed. These are supposed to be correct. I have a pair of NOS springs from GM I bought way back in 1971 so I'm sure they are right. They are destined for my '59 sooner or later. I'd be interested in comparing the two.

Tom

1962 spring dimensions

The springs I received are 13 5/8" long. Wire diameter is .561, O D is 4.45 and the I D is 3.30. There are 9 coils. Springs marked as 58-62 standard.

Those are so close that they should be right on when installed. My originals NOS standard springs, part number 3756540. are nine coils, 13 5/8" tall, .561 wire dia., 3.224 id, and 4.34 od. Just a few hundredths difference in diameter.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom