Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1963 coupe headliner

bigal883

Corvette
1963 coupe black
need help on how to install headliner . where do I start? side moldings? cant find any good info pics would be good. bigal883 :thumb

Does the factory assembly manual show anything? Looking at some pictures I found it looks like you need to first remove the sun visors, Then, in order, the side windshield pillar mouldings, the side mouldings then the top windshield moulding. You may need to loosen the screws on the rear halo moulding and maybe loosen or remove the screws in the dome light to allow for the headliner to be pulled out and the new one inserted. Then replace the top w/s moulding and retighten it and the halo after you get the headliner aligned front to back and side to side. Then install the side mouldings, pillar mouldings and visors and dome light. It doesn't appear that there is any adhesive from these pictures. The assembly manual will show it if there is.

Pictures

thanks

Does the factory assembly manual show anything? Looking at some pictures I found it looks like you need to first remove the sun visors, Then, in order, the side windshield pillar mouldings, the side mouldings then the top windshield moulding. You may need to loosen the screws on the rear halo moulding and maybe loosen or remove the screws in the dome light to allow for the headliner to be pulled out and the new one inserted. Then replace the top w/s moulding and retighten it and the halo after you get the headliner aligned front to back and side to side. Then install the side mouldings, pillar mouldings and visors and dome light. It doesn't appear that there is any adhesive from these pictures. The assembly manual will show it if there is.

Pictures

Ok thanks for info I think I have a good idea now. I didn't take the old one out someone else did so couldn't figure it out . thought it went in groove where lip is open about 1/2 would not fit. Thanks again. bigal883.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom