Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 Whitewall Tires

S

steve0202

What is the correct width of the whitewall on the whitewall tires that came new from the factory for 1963?

I'm thinking 1", but old pics that I have seen look like it's wider?

Kelsey Tire has the 670/15 Custom Super Cushion with 1" w/w that looks factory correct.

What is the correct width of the whitewall on the whitewall tires that came new from the factory for 1963?

I'm thinking 1", but old pics that I have seen look like it's wider?

Kelsey Tire has the 670/15 Custom Super Cushion with 1" w/w that looks factory correct.

The whitewall on 63's was 1" wide; Kelsey makes the most accurate reproduction (Custom Super Cushion), licensed by Goodyear.

If you're going to drive the car and want to enjoy it, the LAST thing you want on it is 6.70-15 bias-ply tires.

:beer

Re:63 tires

The whitewall on 63's was 1" wide; Kelsey makes the most accurate reproduction (Custom Super Cushion), licensed by Goodyear.

If you're going to drive the car and want to enjoy it, the LAST thing you want on it is 6.70-15 bias-ply tires.

Thanks John

John (or anyone else) - instead of the Custom Super Cushions (bias ply), what would you recommend in a whitewall radial for a somewhat authentic look on a 63?

John (or anyone else) - instead of the Custom Super Cushions (bias ply), what would you recommend in a whitewall radial for a somewhat authentic look on a 63?

There are a number of current 205/75-15 whitewall radials out there from Michelin, Goodyear, Firestone, and others; they look good, and will work fine on stock rims with no rubbing issues.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom