Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1964 Coupe resto

KTM

Corvette
1967 Convertible
I have done at last winter small scale resto for my ´64 coupe. Now e.t.a. for first start is next Wednesday. So here is some info what has been done and what has happened.

All pictures you can find here

But some extra info:

- This is what I bought. Nice driver

- Headliner was ugly

- But not anymore

- Engine was not so nice looking

- But I did have correct and dirty L75 intake which I bought from Germany seven years ago

- Little sand blasting and it seems nice

- Plus paint and intake is almost like new

- And then new electrics

- Zinc plating

- Steering column resto with new bearings

- At hub cap resto first soda blasting, then painting and new spinners

And much more. New pictures will appear to home pages maybe at next week. Still waiting for new A/C, but it is somewehere between USA and Europe. Island´s volcano stopped air trafic for a week and now everything is deleyed ;shrug

Great looking job, and one I'm sure that is even more difficult because of your location. Thanks for bringing another old Corvette back to it's original stature. :thumb

:beer

Great looking job, and one I'm sure that is even more difficult because of your location. Thanks for bringing another old Corvette back to it's original stature. :thumb

:beer

Thank you. Actually parts are quite easy task. Local dealers have deasent stock and what I can´t find here I can always order from USA. At best posible case parcel will arrive at same week. Usually USPS airmail is cheapest way to get parts. If I need something really big then I use one of my friends containers. It will take aproximately two monts to get parcel that way.

Looks like you have put in a lot of hard work. :w Looks great.

Looks like you have put in a lot of hard work. :w Looks great.

Actually not so much. This has been mostly fun and quite nice to do. What I call hard work was my previous car

I can still taste sand blasting sand in my mouth when I think that project :puke

Anyway, this ´64 Vette is nice car. I used to own one back in 1990´s and it was good car and it had only one owner between 1964 - 1989. But this red one is great to drive. Very smooth no vibrations or anything.

Lst weekend was local car show where my car was. We had nice collection of Corvettes there and only C6 was missing. Over all quality of the show was amazing. There were ´73 De Tomaso Pantera, couple Ferraris, ´70 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, ´60 Cadillac Eldorado and other great cars all together 96 cars. Here is some pictures of Corvette section.

fs_oulu_2010.jpg

oulu_1.jpg

oulu_2.jpg

Beautiful! Nice job! :thumb
:wJane Ann

Thank you. It nice little car, but now I am planing to sell it. Actually it is ready for new home where is owner who likes to drive every now and then. Now I need to find that new home for it.

Today was so nice weather that I made some kind of walk around video of my Vette. Not so glamorous than pro videos, but at least now it is done.

Maybe not professional, but very good. Love the car! She sounds sooooooo sweet. :upthumbs

Maybe not professional, but very good. Love the car! She sounds sooooooo sweet. :upthumbs

Thank you Tom. Actually sound is deeper than it apears in video, but microphone of little Canon Ixus camera is not the best one. Still sweet sound :)

Nice walk-around! Best thing next to me climbing in and cranking her myself. Sounds so sweeeeeeet!!!

I want one. ;squint:

Thanks for sharing it.

Mary Ann we have here very easy solution: You only need to send me certain amount of $$ $$$ or €€ €€€ and I pack this car in container where is your name and address on it. It is simple as that :m

Mary Ann we have here very easy solution: You only need to send me certain amount of $$ $$$ or €€ €€€ and I pack this car in container where is your name and address on it. It is simple as that :m
Awwwww, but if it were so easy I'd do it in a heartbeat.

;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom