Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1965 blower motor capacitor?

y2kvett

Does anyone know what the value of this capacitor is and where to get one? I cannot find it in the Corvette catalogs. I can make up a harness, but don't know the value to use.
Thanks,

With this one the power to the blower motor goes thru the capacitor rather than the capacitor filtering to ground as the other ones do. And of course there is no 12 volts on the blower side of the capacitor.
Thanks,

Yes, I have an original. It is open and will not pass 12 volts to the motor connection. I need a replacement.
Help!

skids said:
check your e-mail
Hi skids,

Thanks for helping y2kvett. If you have a source for more, why not post it here to benefit others?

Yeah, that was kinda selfish of me. I usually get my parts at a vette. resto shop here, with substantial discounts, but anyway other catalog resources I use are zip corvette. long island corvette, corvette central, corvette world, and ecklers,yuk! Totally overpriced. They all have websites, and their addresses are thier names. Corvette world.com, etc. except long island which is .net. wish I could help out more!!

y2kvett said:
With this one the power to the blower motor goes thru the capacitor rather than the capacitor filtering to ground as the other ones do. And of course there is no 12 volts on the blower side of the capacitor.
Thanks,
The power to the blower motor cannot go through a capacitor. A capacitor blocks dc current flow. A capacitor will act like an open in a dc circuit. you will get 12vdc on one side and 0volts on the other. I'm not familiar with the blower circuit but there must be more to it.

Greg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom