Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1965 Value Help

redvettemike

Corvette
1965 Coupe; 1997 C5
My friend recently died. He had 7 cars, all but one British cars. The seventh is a 1965 Corvette convertible. He had bought the car in 2007 and had done a good deal of work over the years but his health was failing him and he never finished. The car is all there but needs to be finished (it must be painted but looks as if most of the fiberglass work is done; the body has been off the frame and the frame is like new, perhaps powder coated with the engine and drive train in place and the suspension all as new.) The car itself is a '65 convertible sold at Harry Mann in Ca. The car has it's original 396/425 engine and 4 speed transmission. Rear end ratio is 4.11 per a copy of the window sticker in a file. No P/S, P/B or A/C. Red with red interior. 63000 miles (probably correct.) I am a NCRS member and so is my friend (an active NCRS judge specializing in Mid Years). We verified the engine numbers (the carb is original too). The car has side pipes and knock off wheels (neither came on the car but they look good.) Has both tops. Interior is nice with replacement seat covers and carpet. Glass is all good. Bumpers ok but prob need replating. This is a rare car that will need some work before it is road worthy. Any rough idea on a value? I know I am not giving much info but I can answer most questions. Thanks for any insight/advice. The car is in central Ms.

Attachments

• IMG_2900.JPG
    IMG_2900.JPG
    899.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    909.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2901.JPG
    IMG_2901.JPG
    824.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2899.JPG
    IMG_2899.JPG
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 158
I'd think mid to upper 40s. It looks like a really good car from the photos.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom