Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967-68 Turn Signal Switch Assembly

paul67

Corvette
1974 convertible
Anyone know when one might be made available? I've done the usual vendors (Shee-Mar, Lectric Limited, LIC, etc.) and they all speak of repros in the near future. And that goes back to 2004. Where are these repro units? And when might they be available?

I have a recent Paragon catalog and it says they have them. Part #5361, the price is......."call". 800-882-4688. For comparison, I got one of the last LICS NOS switches for $75. Good luck. PT :D

Paul,

It's also in the latest C-Central catalog with 592053 as a part number, and a " call " for pricing.

This vendor ( I have no affiliation ) is the least expensive vendor for Canadian buyers because of the UPS direct shipment policy. They now broker the shipments and take care of all fees and taxes, at less then half the cost of ANY other Corvette reseller.

Stepinwolf

Paul

Doc Rebuild has it.
his catalog, vol. 29, page 182
'67-'68 Switch assembly NOS #2895106 $195.00
'67-'68 Switch assembly Repro (USA) #2895156 $79.95
'67-'68 Switch assembly Repro (import) #2895168 $69.95

looks like he offers you three choices for the same part depending on how much you want to pay, one NOS, and two repro units

Stepinwolf,
I have used that service and it works very well. And it eliminates payment of PST, GST and brokerage fees on arrival. That means you do not have to home when the parcel is dropped off.

The lady at Dr. Rebuild said they could sell scores of them if they could find any. I don't know what is NOT driving the repro market in this case. It's a mystery to me.

Perhaps the volume vrs tooling costs do not jive. I do not know. But you would think the same argument would apply for 1963-66.

This one really perplexes me. I hope (and believe) someone has an explanation. Perhaps they will post it here for the C2 community.

Other GM Brands.

How about what the other GM cars and trucks were using in '67-'68, maybe the same switch? Not like the General to re-invent the wheel.

Detents on mine have been broken since '77. Spring of '77 put in a new switch because of broken detents. Lasted less than two weeks before they broke again. :eyerole

Maybe I did something wrong. :L

Turn Signal Switch

There is one on eBAY right now,starting bid 275.oo or buy now 300.oo.
I know it is rather pricy but if you need it,dam the torpedos.

435er

PS Item # 4617084521

Buy it now of $300. :ugh

I'll just keep using the 'pinky finger' detent.

Need to check some of the old junk yards out in the country.

No junkyards in this area. Why the usual Corvette vendors have not seized on this opportunity is beyond me. No comments from the NCRS folks either. There is a collective silence. Strange....

Paul,

Apparently there is going to be a new repo availible next month check Ebay Buy it Know for $75 Ebay Item # 4629373606. I just remembered you were looking for one.

Tom M

Thanks Tom for remembering! I was in touch with SheeMar this week and they have ordered up a production run of several hundred to be delivered in several weeks' time. I guess that ties in with the EBay ad. I have enjoyed dealing with SheeMar in the past and will give my business to them.

Your weather must be pretty much the same as ours (cold) so it's not Corvette time yet. But I may take the plunge and bring the 1967 home for some grooming, if not driving, late next week.

In anticipation of another breakage, can anyone think of a way to reinforce those little legs so what you see in the pic does not happen? A little dab of JB Weld in the right spot?

switch03.jpg

No,
I am not planning on taking my car out of the car bubble untill after Carlisle, no sense being in a big hurry, I don't have the time to drive it right now. Yes, weather around here is quite cold today in the 20's, The River does affect the weather between us though, I was in Ottawa around St.Pat's for a hockey tourney, was surpised to see the river that runs along Prince of Wales stii frozen as ours had thawed about 2 weeks earlier.

Take Care,
Tom M

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom